pskelley
Hello Stewart, and yes the TomCoyote site was down for a while today.
The Adaware stuff appears to be in Quarantine, all programs generally have a quarantine area. Open Ad-aware then open the quarantine list. Delete everything in there. If you review the tutorials for the programs I provided, this information is there.
Follow the instruction in the following link to give you clean System Restore files:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…src=sec_doc_nam
Java…This is the first time I have had an issues with updating Java. Since it is not "malware" as I said, I rarely do more than tell the member to update for safety. You only have one Java program, if you can't update to the newest version, I would suggest trying to download over it or uninstall and download it again. Let me know how it goes. I personally have updated in one of my computer with no issues. I'll look around for a Java forum where you may be able to get some help. Here are two links I located.
http://www.javadesktop.org/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=10
http://java.sun.com/downloads/faq.html
Thanks…Phil
You must have this spelled wrong, Google does not recognize it? It is possible it is a valid program trying to access the internet. Check the spelling and post it.I got hit with this: wuwmsg.exe is trying to access the internet
IF you are running Norton Firewall then the Windows XP SP2 firewall must be turned off. If you made configuration changes in programs Norton probably spotted this. You will be asked when new programs want online access, you should know the programs before allowing this. This should be well explained in the Norton firewall tutorial or Help.Also, after configuring and scanning both Spybot and Ad-Aware, once i rebooted i was met with a security shield in my task bar telling me norton firewall and antivirus, at first it didnt
The Adaware stuff appears to be in Quarantine, all programs generally have a quarantine area. Open Ad-aware then open the quarantine list. Delete everything in there. If you review the tutorials for the programs I provided, this information is there.
Follow the instruction in the following link to give you clean System Restore files:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…src=sec_doc_nam
Java…This is the first time I have had an issues with updating Java. Since it is not "malware" as I said, I rarely do more than tell the member to update for safety. You only have one Java program, if you can't update to the newest version, I would suggest trying to download over it or uninstall and download it again. Let me know how it goes. I personally have updated in one of my computer with no issues. I'll look around for a Java forum where you may be able to get some help. Here are two links I located.
http://www.javadesktop.org/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=10
http://java.sun.com/downloads/faq.html
Thanks…Phil