Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

So Much For Swi

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#61 jgvernonco

jgvernonco

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:25 AM

Many folks that I respect highly are present here, which is a good thing. It's a sad time, but the spyware problem will continue to flourish, and so must it's enemies. I hope to be able to continue to learn, at SWI, here, or wherever I need to go. Especially good to see you, cnm. I hope that your valuable tutoring will not end.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#62 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:31 AM

We're ripping each other apart and the makers of Spyware are probably have a hoot!
Posted Image

#63 grassman133

grassman133

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:31 AM

To piggy-back what Tazmin (and many others have) said....I too have/had been lurking at SWI for several months now...slowly learning and gaining confidence...almost enough confidence to actually start helping out a bit when I could....this is fasinating stuff (spyware removal...) and I can only imagine the pleasure one would get from "saving" someones computer. I know I was "saved" (all of a sudden "saved" sounds like not quite the right word...hahaha) at SWI and am eternally grateful....hence my desire to keep learning more and eventually helping others myself. And SWI forums was THE outlet for that.... Lets continue hoping it comes back soon and also realize that it will take TIME for Mike and the rest of us to process what has happened, say our respective pieces (an important ingredient, I think), and ultimately get past it all and on to continuing the great work that was started at SWI....where ever we ultimately end up... Sincerely, Parin

#64 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:32 AM

I dunno about tutoring, jgvernonco. I'm feeling disheartened and it will be a while before my enthusiasm comes back in full force. But eventually I guess I'll resume it if it's considered valuable to have a classroom for Helpers.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

#65 jgvernonco

jgvernonco

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:38 AM

I dunno about tutoring, jgvernonco. I'm feeling disheartened and it will be a while before my enthusiasm comes back in full force. But eventually I guess I'll resume it if it's considered valuable to have a classroom for Helpers.

I understand completely. I only wanted you to know that we appreciate your efforts.

#66 Guest_John Scudo_*

Guest_John Scudo_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:41 AM

Was a fantastic and really helpful site I for one will be lost without it,and no one ever got upset with my lack of computer knowledge. A great bunch of guys who gave me enormous help. My computer would be in the bin if it were not for their help. Please please come back. John

#67 Ghost

Ghost

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:44 AM

Isn't Mike switching servers?

Maybe he's killing two birds with one stone..

I'd like to think that way because i know he's that good.

#68 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:49 AM

Absolutly an essential, many minds out there that can be used for good, newbies, take time to read and learn from the experts, do searches for info that you don't yet know....

We all started with knowing nothing, tis the way we were all born to this world..

Knowledge takes only effort, willingness, and learning....
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#69 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:49 AM

I dunno about tutoring, jgvernonco.  I'm feeling disheartened and it will be a while before my enthusiasm comes back in full force.  But eventually I guess I'll resume it if it's considered valuable to have a classroom for Helpers.

I have learned a lot from your posts. So thank you. :thumbup:
I rcommend installing IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster and keeping them up to date weekly.
SpyBot Search and Destroy

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

#70 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:02 PM

You're welcome, YoKenny. My small class for Helpers (5 members) was conducted by PM, because I figured people might not want to be corrected or advised in public. But maybe Coyote would create a "Classroom for Helpers" forum. If he does, I have copies of my PMs and will post them there, suitably edited for this board, substituting "Coyote" for "Mike". (I see Coyote does have Expert Members).
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#71 mjc

mjc

-

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:03 PM

Knowledge takes only effort, willingness, and learning....

ASAIK, nobody is born with memory stick or USB ports, so I guess the old fashioned way (as a bove) is still the way to go......
I hope it wan't my turn to refill te coffe pot...

Posted Image

#72 thyme

thyme

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:06 PM

I have learnt so much personally from everyones patience and help. I feel it would be such a great shame for everyone not to consider sharing their knowledge & expertise. For whatever the reason hopefully that SWi is closed for now, why not carry on and go forward what is the point of brooding really. When and if the opportunity arises then is the time to try make amends and a fresh start. We all come from different corners of the world to chat or share info, something of a great acheivement when you think this is the only way we may all ever meet.

#73 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:07 PM

You're welcome, YoKenny.

My small class for Helpers (5 members) was conducted by PM, because I figured people might not want to be corrected or advised in public. But maybe Coyote would create a "Classroom for Helpers" forum. If he does, I have copies of my PMs and will post them there, suitably edited for this board, substituting "Coyote" for "Mike". (I see Coyote does have Expert Members).

This is a good idea cnm, we should talk about it later in private when you are feeling better about the situations at hand
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#74 Tazmin

Tazmin

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:08 PM

cnm If you do decide to run your classroom, I for one would be really really interested to learn as much as I can regards ~Tazmin~

#75 Angoid

Angoid

Developer

• Dev
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Church, Computers, R/C model aircraft

Posted 02 November 2003 - 12:18 PM

If you do decide to run your classroom, I for one would be really really interested to learn as much as I can

I'd like to "Amen" that, if I may .... as I'd done searches and the like, I hope to have helped a few people regain control of their computers.

Can't say I've always got it right, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers here CNM, but is there really a need to conduct it by way of PM? What I mean is, if it's a training ground, could a "Helpers" group be set up which allows them access to certain forums to get their tutorials so they're not seen to be corrected in public?

IMHO people who are prepared to learn to be helpers are prepared to be corrected; although this may not always be appropriate in public it's not as if they're being flamed ... hope not, anyway!!!! :)
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.