Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91913 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

So Much For Swi

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#46 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:12 AM

Did you reply to the validation email, Ghost? If so, what message did you get?
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#47 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:13 AM

Yes i do have an idea, it's common sense.

No you dont now lets drop it.
Posted Image

#48 Ghost

Ghost

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:15 AM

Yes i do have an idea, it's common sense.

No you dont now lets drop it.

Yes i do have an idea.

Stop telling me to shut up too!

That's no better than the lavaforums!!

#49 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:17 AM

Yes i do have an idea.

Stop telling me to shut up too!

That's no better than the lavaforums!!

Agreed, Zero please edit your remark
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#50 Ghost

Ghost

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:17 AM

Did you reply to the validation email, Ghost?
If so, what message did you get?

Ikonboard Message
An error occured, not all of the required fields were sent from the validation link. Please ensure that they whole link was entered, it's possible that your email clients auto-wrapper cut the link in half. Please try again.

You are NOT logged in

It's broke

#51 Zero

Zero

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:23 AM

I didnt actually say shut up. And ghost what I mean is no one knows how Mike is feeling unless you are Mike.
Posted Image

#52 TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Forum God

• Malware Expert
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:24 AM

My username is ěPTIC @ Net Intergration and for some reason i cannot reply, or post even a test topic.

My assumption was that they had disabled new members posts till all this other business blows over.

I apologize for the trouble, my intentions are always good.

Everyone is allowed to register at Net-Integration, and people only very rarely get banned. I think it happened all of 3 times since the very beginning, which is extraordinarily little, and all of those concerned people posting obscenities or harassing other members.

I had a look in the Administrative Control panel, and member "ěPTIC" is registered AND allowed to post.
No idea what's up.

I'll take this up with Eagle1 or Tommy, unless cnm or Galadriel have an idea :)

Edited by TonyKlein, 02 November 2003 - 10:25 AM.

#53 Angoid

Angoid

Developer

• Dev
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Church, Computers, R/C model aircraft

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:25 AM

I just now tried over at Net-Integration and got the same error as you did Ghost. I don't think it's anything nefarious, maybe it's inundated with new members joining who were hoping to get into SWI?!? Just a thought. Anyway, the e-mail said that I could try logging in with my login and password, which I did. It let me log in perfectly OK. There was a fast-reply box at the bottom of a thread I selected at random, suggesting I could post (which I didn't - it was just a random thread for testing purposes after having read your earlier remark here), so try doing that and see whether you get in. Unconfirmed registrations are likely to be deleted after 5 days, so whether it will retain your (and my) registration is another cup of tea entirely ... again, I think it's purely technical, not political.
If you don't know what eschatology is then don't worry; it's not the end of the world.

#54 Ghost

Ghost

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:26 AM

I didnt actually say shut up. And ghost what I mean is no one knows how Mike is feeling unless you are Mike.

The message is still the same.

And my user account has started to work now, no longer do i get the "You cannot post" message even after i've been logged in.

#55 Zero

Zero

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:32 AM

Yeah but no one knows how Mike is feeling is the message I was trying to get across.
Posted Image

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#56 Ghost

Ghost

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:38 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:47 AM

It is no use fighting about it here. What happened was a rise of emotions and that took its toll. So please, I urge you all to restrain yourselves, emotions are still on the edge. We are all extremely saddened by this. Time heals all wounds. Let's give Mike some time. Please. Sorry to welcome you in such sad times but this is how it is. So let's kick some spyware butt!
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

#58 Tazmin

Tazmin

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 10:58 AM

it's just so sad to see this happen. As someone that lurked and tried to learn I feel so sad that such a valuable resource has been lost. Lets hope that things calm down soon. ~Tazmin~

#59 RJ100

RJ100

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:11 AM

This will pass.......it must & will. be patient......don't worry. ;)

Gail,
We all admire your optimism... :thumbup: I'm with you on this one.

So let's kick some spyware butt!

Galadreil

Yeah, what she said!

#60 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 November 2003 - 11:14 AM

Mike sort of doesn't seem to get it that the objections were only to making IAMSKINZ a developer, which was not necessary as I belatedly realized - he could have given him access without that, or created a new private section. As I see it he's unlikely to calm down if he doesn't understand the issue that was being raised. :( But I too am hoping and hoping...
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com