This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My log here - Can't go to hotmail.com

11 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

the threads listed in that link has problems relating with messenger which I have no problem with. I just get an error message when I go to hotmail.com Here it is again Server Error in '/' Application. ——————————————————————————– Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL. Thanks
Sorry - the requested page could not be found ——————————————————————————– The page you are looking for could not be found or may have been moved. If you typed the page address then please check that it is spelt correctly. Alternatively, please feel free to visit my home page (www.cryer.co.uk/brian) and browse from there or try searching this site with: Web www.cryer.co.uk
I go into "Administrative Tools" and I only see Component services computer managament data sources (ODBC) event viewer local security policy microsoft.net 1.1 configuration microsoft.net 1.1 wizard performance services I tried clicking on Services, but did not find "websites" or "default websites"…. Seems like it would work on Service Pack 1? I have windows xp service pack 2
thanks for the help. This could actually be the reason why I have this problem…I put in a cd from Sony which had the rootkit in it. I'm confused about this part, so I just quit at that step. I didn't want to mess anything up. "So next stop will be under various "ControlSet00x" keys. You'll stop at the "CoDeviceInstallers" … for each "$sys$caj.dll" you encounter. On OUR lab rats, it was the first UUID entry and the last. Look for the $sys$caj.dll entry and remove ONLY that particular value for a UUID where it appears and do NOT touch anything else in there!" Does that mean I delete the words in the "modify binary" part? Or delete the whole thing? I hope I didn't mess anything up by quitting…
ran the rootkit program and did half of the first link you gave me. Problem is still there. I installed the rootkit from my Sony CD on September 13th, so it really could be what is causing this hotmail problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI