This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Incorrect User Name

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have a friend who recently became a member here at TomCoyote. He had grand plans of making an impressive entrance, joining in on everything and display his prowess in computer knowledge. His first step in this venture, on the Account Activation page, was to type his user name in incorrectly. The name entered at the Activtation page apparently permanently sets the display name when logged in - so my friend now logs in using one name, and has a different name displayed on these pages. This pretty much casts a shadow on his plans for a grand entrance, so before he exacerbates this with any other smooth moves, is there a way to change the displayed name to match the registered member name. Thank you.
Yes it is possible but I have to have all of the details before I can change anything. I need both the name he/she wants and the name that appears on the page. Please send them to dbg10 AT tomcoyote.org with all information. (replace AT with @ and remove the spaces please)

Please also make sure that before showing his/her prowess with computers read the information at the top of each forum.