one more thing to tell you.. When I open the java console in firefox(under tools) I still have a load of messages and warnings. such as
Warning: The stylesheet http://www.smartpages.com/sp/fragments/css…BFXpFAijW%40XwX was loaded as CSS even though its MIME type, "text/html", is not "text/css".
and error uncaught excetion:permission denied to call method location.to string
Now is where you find out how dumb I am. Do you mean my original modem,
the one that came with my computer or the modem that was added for the cable? Also what is a router? I dont have a clue! I have a modem helper on my computer its supposed to tell if something is wrong and try to repair it. Should I try that?
Now is where you find out how dumb I am. Do you mean my original modem,
the one that came with my computer or the modem that was added for the cable? Also what is a router? I dont have a clue!
The one that came with the Cable.
A router is used mostly when you have more then 1 PC sharing the Cable Modem.
You might want to call them and have them walk you through it. They should have left a CD for the Modem when they installed it along with their software.
they didnt leave me anything but I will call them now. If they have to come and do it it may not be till Monday but maybe I can do it. I will find out now.
I just spent a good 25 minutes on the phone with the technician from adelphia. The tested the modem and said the modem was running perfectly. I had to disable the firwall and he suggested that there was still spyware on the computer or a problem in the OS caused by removing it. After that I booted into safe mode
and ran cwshredder and for the 1st time it came up with nothing
I'm on my 3rd modem from Charter Cable. They can sit at their PC and test a modem all night and not find anything. I get notified 3 or 4 times a day that my connection to the net has been lost. It doesn't kick me off though. But, they can dial in directly into the Modem's IP address and look at the logs. They don't give you that information though. With mine, it's not the Modem, it's on their end.
Thats what they did. My log came up on a screen. everything got 4 stars
Then they did a speed test and then something else. Its not their computer so what do they care! Any way Im lost as to what to do next. Should I give up?
the test you sent last night, we did step 1 & 2. What if we tried the rest? and for sure it ran better before I installed spyguard. Wish I didnt
Click the "Clear Selected Items" button and accept the reboot option (you will want to shut down all other programs before running System Security Suite so you will be ready to reboot
ok. i uninstalled spyware guard and its running better. I have theory about and maybe its crazy but could it be something is blocking it? I went to the website to see if I could find the problem and noticed the site Is java cool. I dont no if its related to the java on my computer but thats were I get all those errors and still cant go to java.com. Possible?
downloaded the program and also reinstalled tren micro spyware scanner. I have so many things on this computer that we have been using and previously with Syng. I dont know what to keep and what to get rid of.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI