This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I hope you can help

109 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I cant tell you how grateful I am for your help! Please bare with me, Im learning as we go. I have done all the downloads and I am using firefox now. It froze when I tried to log in but seems Ok now. Im praying I can do this. I will if its Ok begin tonight because my grandchildren are visiting today. I hope thats Ok. I found some files on my computer that were not there before and I thought I should ask about these in case they should be deleted.The first is an ms-dos batch file.It says unregister.bat. Cannot open. The other is a shortcut that just says abc but when I click on the properties tab in the comment box it says hello. The targetis c\progra winrar\winare.exe. the other is 23990098$$$ and the next is avp callback.log also vlist.log. should some of these be removed? Im really scared that I will me something up! what should I do if I run into trouble along the way? God bless you.
Take your time to do these no rush, I will be online tonight. Those files have been installed as part of some of th downloads I gace you as they are required to0 run the files. Better to ask questions if you are not sure so please feel free to ask as many as you would like.
Im praying that your here, I just got back to my computer put it in safe mode to start this process. Opened registry lite. I can not seem to export. Import is highlighted but export does nothing. When I ran the progam 4 things came up in the menu. one was local machine but another was current config. The help file said something to the effect that these are the only files that can be exported. When I go to file the export button will not move. Already I am obviously doing something wrong. Im pretty sure I will be Ok with the rest and thought I would be Ok with this but Im not. Nothing in the menu says specifically HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE\Current CONTROLSET\ What am I doing wrong? I hope its Ok to be back online but I didnt have a choice.I wont begin until I here back from you. I feel like such a fool…
Im back but dont think it went well.
hsfix didnt prompt to merge but a popup did come up asking are you sure you want to add this. I selected yes.
cw shredder removed cws.msconfig
about buster found no adds but when finished gave me an error message"runtime error 339 component comctl32.ocxor 1 of its dependencies not registered a file is missing or invalid."
Ewido found nothing. Cant find were the log is for about buster?
Here is the new H.J. log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:59:13 PM, on 9/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.adelphia.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = adelphia.net
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - Global Startup: Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
Im not sure. I think it feels better. But something still feels not quite right? Why did I get the error message in about buster, I wonder. Did I goof something. Do you think I should run these things again to be sure?
I am going to bed in about 5. My day starts a 4a.m. and today has been a long one. I want to say again Thanks so much for hanging in here with me, you are great!
When I turned on my computer all seemed ok but still get a lot of error messages. Put it back in safe mode and ran cwshredder and sure enough it removed cws. msconfig. Ran ewido and it found nothing. Ran cc.cleaner and cleaned out all temps and now cant find about buster at all except for a dll file in windows. I also noticed before the scan when I log out of my yahoo mailbox if I dont close the window right away the page changes to the yahoo home page. Could there be a connection? I dont know if I should download about buster again and start at the beginning. I will wait for you. Thanks
same thing, cw shredder removed cws.msconfig.
buster finds nothing ( still get the same error and its in a temp file. Is that Ok?)
ewido says my computer is clean.
also ran ad-aware and my trend micro. found nothing but after the trend micro scan
I got a pop up saying anti spyware has determined your network confg is damaged. Do you want to restore your network config to a working state? I turned off the network monitoring. There is also a setting in there that can turn on verose message logging that outputs additional ino. "enable if directed by a tech support " should I give it a go? I also discovered that windows automatic update was disable. I have always had it set to auto update

anyway I thought you might ask for a new HJ log. Here it is

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:50:07 PM, on 9/12/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\John\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.adelphia.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = adelphia.net
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - Global Startup: Trend Micro Anti-Spyware.lnk = C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Tmas\Tmas.exe
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {193C772A-87BE-4B19-A7BB-445B226FE9A1} (ewidoOnlineScan Control) - http://download.ewido.net/ewidoOnlineScan.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI