This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I hope you can help

109 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

when I first found it I had the cws shredder installed in the trend micro . It was the only thing that found it until The other instructor had me install another program I dont remember the name of. It showed you all that was wrong and if you had something . but didnt remove it unless you paid for it. It removed cws. something or other but not the cws.msconfig.( I paid for the one time use) It also corrected about 85 errors caused by spyware. The log is in one of the posts here. Spybot removed something too but I dont remember if it was that. Do you want me to run thru the logs here?
now yes. Previously no. it was microworld virus scanner but that removed another version of cws it was cws.the real search. trend micr online removed DIAL_TIBS. nothing else finds anything. and cwshredder doesnt find it unless I run it in safe mode

cwshredder doesnt find it unless I run it in safe mode

That doesn't make any sense at all.
See if you have this folder: C:\!Submit. If so, delete it, empty recycle bin and reboot in safe mode and run CWshredder. The C:\!submit is from the ewido scans and not needed anymore, but could still have the deleted items in it.
None of it makes any sense. If that file is there I cant find it. Before I couldnt open windows and see any files. Now I can.
yes we did. when I couldnt find the it I changed it back to show all files and system files. Then looked again. do you want me to change it back again?
Do you think I can delete the issues in ccleaner. They are all missing mru's for ewido.exe spyware guard.exe and spyblaster.exe. Maybe this machine will run better. also would like to uninstall ewido.

Do you think I can delete the issues in ccleaner. They are all missing mru's
for ewido.exe spyware guard.exe and spyblaster.exe. Maybe this machine will run better. also would like to uninstall ewido.

OK
Thanks. I am goint to do that and then go to bed. If its Ok we can resume tommorow? When you get my age staying up late 2 in a row does you in.
so sorry about last. Not to get into my personal life but my husband has been ill and I havent had a good sleep in weeks. I just couldnt stay awake ! Uninstalling ewido helped somewhat.
Its a little easier to use without ewido installed. This morning when I turned on the computer it booted without a problem. Im still getting the error messages and being knocked offline here and there. A lot if I am at a website it starts of fine and then the computer stops responding and I cant close the program. or it will freeze up. It still doesnt feel right.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI