This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Computer freeze

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Right click on "My Computer" Icon select Properties> Device Manager> see if you CD drive is listed. Make note of anything that is Yellow or Red.
All I see is CD-Rom, nothing red or yellow. When I open Create CD and click on CD Copier I get a message "CD Copier could not detect any supported CD Recorders. Please ensure that your CD Recorder is properly connected. If problem persists, please re-install Easy CD Creator". Well, I have re-installed Easy CD Creator and nothing has changed. Also, when I re-boot the computer I get a message that a required DLL path could not be found: IDSTRAFFICPIPE.DLL Could this have anything to do with my problem?
I will try the fix for the DLL file that you sent. Yes, my CD Rom drive reads CD's. I do recall that in Windows Explorer that the E: drive was listed (along with A & D). I can push the button and open my D: drive but get no response from the other (I think maybe it's in the Twilight Zone?)
The E drive CD may have shot craps if the door doesn't even open. Only thing I can suggest is to un-install it through Device Manager and reboot to see if Windows reconizes it and wants to install it.
When I open My Computer and click on DirectCD Drive (E) I get a message that E:\ is not accessible. This folder was moved or removed. Also I'm not too sure of what to do about that DLL path.
Search for IDSTRAFFICPIPE.DLL , copy the file to:
C:\Windows\System

Right click on "My Computer" Icon select Properties> Device Manager>
Right Click on the CD Drive that you want to delete and Select Delete.

Reboot.
That's just it, I can't find the drive that I want to delete. Also, I did a search for the DLL file and could not find it on my computer (I used the Find Files feature). I do appreciate your patience.
Try un-installing the firewall and re-install it. Check for updates for the firewall. Try re-installing the DirectCD software or try updaing it.
Well, I seem to have the firewall installed correctly. However, after installing the Create CD I get a message that there is no supported CD-R/CD-RW drive. I guess I've lost the capability to copy CDs (I don't know why, but I'm tired of messing with this). Anyway, thank you for all your help with this.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI