Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I'm Back!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dolphins

dolphins

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:17 PM

Hey everyone, For those of you who don’t know, 10 months ago I closed up shop(remodeling business) here in Jersey and headed to Georgia for a chance to subcontract instead trying to keep my one man operation going amidst heavy opposition. So while in Georgia the company I was working for started taking on more work than they could handle so in turn hired some workers who turned out to be less than honest. It seems some of them were billing the company for more hours that they actually worked and doing sub par work to boot which left me in the position of punch list carpenter instead of subcontractor to right all the wrongs and take care of the customer complaints. Most of the company’s time and resources were spent completing jobs instead of starting new ones which anyone who knows how to two step will tell you that one step forward and two steps back leads you off the dance floor, backwards and on your rear. :) So as the company started taking on less work while trying to recover their losses left me hanging on by a thread. Do to the high cost of living in and around the Atlanta area plus paying bills in two states lead me to the decision to come back home and start all over again. If I had more time and money I could have found a cheaper, larger apartment( $1100 a month efficiency) with a place to park my truck, trailer and equipment($350 a month storage) in a less than desirable area in Marietta. I could have found work and made a go of it. That being said, I plan on playing catch up on all the wonderful new malware I have missed. ;) Although my time is limited do to starting my business back up I’ll help out whenever possible. I’m also starting over with a newly reformatted machine here because of the havoc my son wreaked while I was away. I used PowerQuest Drive Image but sadly the backup I made was pre HJT classes so when I say I’m starting over I’m not kidding. Anyway, It’s good to be home again. Jeff
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Help removing and preventing spyware.</span>

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:48 PM

WB dolphins :thumbup: If you haven't been keeping up, there are many new infections since you were last here. Nice to have you back at TC. :wavey:

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#3 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:39 PM

Nice to see you back dolphins :). As LD said mucho new infections to keep us more than busy :angry: See you at DSL too I guess :ph34r:

#4 dgosling

dgosling

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

Nice to see you back!! Sorry to hear it didn't work out, but maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I wish you good luck with startup back home and will be glad to have you around again.
Posted Image

#5 dolphins

dolphins

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

I'm glad to be back! :) And yes I have seen just a small part of the new malware, but I new it wasn't going to be easy when I made the choice to come back. :scratch: Be rest assured that I will do my best to earn the status that has been bestowed upon me! Holy carp** did I just say that or was that a scene from the old star trek between mr. spock and captain kirk? :D Siggyx and dgosling are etched in my memory but LDTate is new to me unless the names were changed to protect the innocent ;)
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Help removing and preventing spyware.</span>