Ok, that looks fine. Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer in order to prevent future malware infections. Please take these recommendations seriously; these few simple steps can stave off the vast majority of spyware problems. As happy as we are to help you, for your sake we would rather not have repeat customers.
On a regular basis, please navigate to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and download all the "critical updates" for Windows, including the latest version of Internet Explorer. This can patch many of the security holes through which attackers can gain access to your computer.
In order to protect yourself against spyware, you should consider installing and running the following free programs:
Ad-Aware SE. A tutorial on using Ad-Aware to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. You have this installed currently. Please keep it updated and run it on a regular basis.
Spybot-Search & Destroy. A tutorial on using Spybot to remove spyware from your computer may be found here. Please also remember to enable Spybot's "Immunize" and "TeaTimer" features. You have this installed currently. Please keep it updated and run it on a regular basis.
SpywareBlaster. A tutorial on using SpywareBlaster to prevent spyware from ever installing on your computer may be found here.
SpywareGuard. A tutorial on using SpywareGuard for realtime protection against spyware and hijackers may be found here.
Keeping these programs up-to-date and running them regularly can prevent a great deal of spyware hassle.
Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in popup blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from here.
Also make sure to run your antivirus software regularly, and to keep it up-to-date.
Please also read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place
Hopefully this should take care of your problems! Good luck.
Thanks a lot, I have and run regularly Adaware & Spybot but do not have the other two which I have not heard of. However I will get them as you cannot have enough protection in the first place.
I have not activated the Tea-timer feature as I keep reading that it causes problems with operation of other software features and therefore causes as many problems as it solves - what do you think?
BarryA
TeaTimer seems to be a sore point for some, but for others it works great. I suggest trying to see how it works for you. If it does not interfere too much, keep it.
Guessed you would probably say that, so will read up on it and try it out and see.
I have searched the site for how to close the thread but could not see it anywhere, do you have to do it your end, if so please do.
Once again thank you so much for your help, your persistance has been brilliant.
BarryA
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.