Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IEXPLORER.EXE MEMORY READ ERROR

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 dparsons

dparsons

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

I have run Windows update and it and Sygate, Spybot and my other protection is up to date. If I have to run sfc scannow or a repair of XP, I will have to get a current disk as I got XP Pro when it first came out, then upgraded with the SP1 and then the SP2. I guess I will have to go in and make a disk by slipstreaming. DP

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 rand1038

rand1038

Take over your PC or someone else will.

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 10:58 AM

If your problem is still occuring the next step I suggest is sfc /scannow. No need to slipstream a disk as long as you still have the service pack files on your computer. Microsoft has programmed the ability for sfc to know if the file it needs is on the disk or in the service pack files.
Everyone gets specific instructions, disregard what you don't need.
I don't know your skill level.

"I would rather be bruised by the truth than caressed by lies."

The help you receive here is free.
If you can
please help keep us online by donating.

Posted Image

#18 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:41 PM

SP1... SP2.... SFC... dont make a differrence. If you have an installation CD of XP Pro.. then your fine. *looks back at very first post*

Edited by Crow, 05 August 2005 - 12:42 PM.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#19 dparsons

dparsons

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:44 AM

I did the sfc scannow and I still get the error. I guess it is one of those little ehings in life that don't go away. It is not a critical thing, it doesn't lock up, but it is still annoying. I am going to try and remove IE6 and then reinstall it. However, it looks like this just won't go away. Thanks for your help. Maybe, someday. MS will come out with a patch. DP

#20 rand1038

rand1038

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 07:08 PM

Look in the 02 and 03 and 016 section of your HijackThis log. Compare the files/programs you find there to the other computer that has the same problem. See what they have in common. Try uninstalling the ones that they have in common one at a time and see if the problem goes away. It is most likely not caused by anything from microsoft, adobe, yahoo as more people would have the problem. Check the less common ones first. It is more likely to be an 02 or 03 item. Let us know if this route solves your problem and what the culprit was.

If you can

Posted Image

#21 dparsons

dparsons

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:48 AM

The problem was with the Google toolbar. I disabled 3rd party browser extensions and the error went away. I removed the Google Toolbar but that was not enough. I actually had to go to IE Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, and scrolled down to the appropriate enable box and unchecked it. A restart is needed but NO MORE ERROR MESSAGE!!! Thanks.

#22 rand1038

rand1038

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

Good job dparsons. :thumbup:

If you can

Posted Image

#23 Eloise

Eloise

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:10 PM

Go to "Tools>Manage Add-Ons>Enable or Disable Add-Ons" and disable all toolbars any any other items you know you will not need. Specifically, when I disabled everything related to "Earthlink" the problem was solved (but disabling those items did not affect my Earhlink startup page or anything else that I can tell).