This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hijack this will go freez

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I have ran all spyware programs Spybot, Ad-aware, Spyware blaster and have removed all they found. I downloaded the Hijack This program and installed to a new folder under my programs. When I go to run Hijack this it will run a scan an then hang right at the very end. I have to Ctrl Alt Delete and the program manager said it is not responding. Please help! Granny is tier of looking at porn popups and viagra!
do you have the latest version of HijackThis (version 1.99.1)? I believe the hanging-at-the-end bug was a known issue with version 1.99

If you dont have the latest version of HJT, please download it from here
Thanks guys got it up and running! You have been such a help! I think that it was only hanging, and not freezing up. I used it on my own pc at home and it did the same thing only not as long. Just give it time! Thanks K

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI