i recently cleaned up my computer and created a restore point.During the clean up i deleted all previous restore points. now i have tried all the new ones created and am told can't restore to that day try another one.
here is the system i'm using
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:41:58, on 24/06/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Any help would be appreciated as the computer is slowing up again
thanks
ianmills
well i still don't have any use of system restore and now it won't go beyond the screen where it says system restore is searching for the saved settings. it just stays there until i get fed up and cancel it.
Is there another system i can use
thanks ianmills
With your XP CD the CD drive, click Start> Run and copy / paste this line in the open window. rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf
I've had a similar problem like this too except it was for system recovery. When I tried to dump my hard drive and re-install windows it went through everything alright except when I loaded windows it had all my previous files and programs (not just the basic programs that came with the system). And also I dont have an install disc I have a back-up hard drive that I absolutly do not touch (I havent even ran the defragmenter on it).
thanks for the help to date but i now have a more pressing problem of a construction nature in my back garden. i will have to put the computer problem on hold till it is resolved. Sorry if this means you have been put out i can only apologise and hopefully ask for more help in the future.
Many thanks
ianmills
i have this problem with my computer, i go to do a system restore cause my computers been acting gay all of a sudden and it comes up with something thats telling me i dont have the permission and i need to contact the system adminstrator and i am the system admnistrator. there is no tab that i can go to on system properties and fix this, its not in the registry either. any help?
Only one person is helped per thread. If you need help start your own thread and please follow the instructions in this post as we need to know what Windows operating system and other relevant software you are running.
Thank You
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI