I have had the about:blank virus on my computer for several months. I have tried adware, spybot, spysweeper, cwsshredder, Mcafee Anti-virus, diamond tds-3, and a couple programs I'm forgetting. Nothing has worked. It seemed that tds-3 gave the most information, but it was too confusing to actually work with.
The Issues:
Currently, my internet explorer is reseting to about:blank, and will not change. I have been using Mozilla Firefox for several months, as it was reccommended online. My IE still does not work, it either errors, or the screen is over taken by a downscrolling about:blank screen.
The NotePad application for Windows one day disappeared, and I do not know how to get that back.
I tried install the program AdwareAway and recieved this error message "unable to register the DLL/OCX:DLLRegisterServer failed; code 0x80040154"
I cannot install the Microsoft Service Pack 2 "unable to read or write to database."
My Roxio Easy Cd Creator has also stopped working and crashes during the burn process, I uploaded updatecdr4_53_71 an update for the program and still no change.
I can not use the back-up data feature in Windows.
I also get constant pop-ups, usually ones that do not actually link up to a page, but are just broken image links. I would assume this is due to the site the control orginally linked to has been changed or taken down.
So. There is alot of stuff going on, and I was going to try to take care of these issue myself (well I have tried) but at this point I am worried I am going to loose all my information (files) if I start deleting things. Since I can't back-up my work!
Please help if you can! Any information, be it links or a reply would be so appreciated! Thank You. -Charlie
Here is my highjackthis log.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:29:16 PM, on 6/19/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tablet.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fxssvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Charlie\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://google.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\Charlie\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\DOCUME~1\Charlie\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://online.academyart.edu/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00D6A7E7-4A97-456f-848A-3B75BF7554D7} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: McBrwHelper Class - {227B8AA8-DAF2-4892-BD1D-73F568BCB24E} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\mps\mcbrhlpr.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {C7D46E17-67A3-472F-AAED-6DCBF32181CF} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lknob.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell AIO Printer A920] "C:\Program Files\Dell AIO Printer A920\dlbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPSExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\MPS\mscifapp.exe /embedding
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL Spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\conmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\DOCUME~1\Charlie\LOCALS~1\Temp\se.dll,DllInstall
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [AAW] "C:\Documents and Settings\Charlie\Desktop\anti virus protection\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" "+b1"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - Startup: Scheduler.lnk = C:\Documents and Settings\Charlie\Desktop\anti virus protection\SpyCatcher\Scheduler daemon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: TabUserW.exe.lnk = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WTablet\TabUserW.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aol.com/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by15fd.bay15.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C42D2AE1-8D0F-48D7-B128-31931597595F}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145
O18 - Filter: text/html - {FA801F5F-A959-4234-83E9-A65BAC2889F8} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lknob.dll
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {FA801F5F-A959-4234-83E9-A65BAC2889F8} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\lknob.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\aol\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaSrv - C-Dilla Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CDANTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - Mcafee.com Corporation - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee.com Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TabletService - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Tablet.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe