Well, this is a new one to me.
When trying to apply Coyote's DLL REGEDIT tweek, I get a weird error box that says:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\REGEDIT.com
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0550 IP:ffe2 OP:fe ff 1d 09 72 Chose 'Close' to terminate the application
Why in the heck does it say REGEDIT.com?!? How weird is that!
Is there any hope?
Oops. I'm using XP.
I tried your way, and that worked. THANKS!!!
This is how they described what to do on the tomcoyote home page.
WinXP Unload DLLs: Go to Start - Run - type in "REGEDIT" without quotes and press enter. The Registry Editor opens up. Now use the lefthand explorer pane to find this key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" Still in the lefthand pane, right click on the Explorer folder and choose "New - KEY". Give it a name of "AlwaysUnloadDLL" (without quotes and capital letters are important). Inside that key change the default string to 1 and close regedit and reboot.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI