This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Bull Pce99

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Tried your suggestions except for switching the boot sequence from within BIOS. For the simple reason, don`t know how to. Format sequence. A:\ FORMAT C: 25% A:\ FORMAT D: 33% A:\ FORMAT E : 17% A:\ FORMAT F: As described from pac/bel site, rebooted as advised and back to square one :( error Strange it will read a 98 floppy boot up disk but not any others. Do you think that I should remove the CD-ROM and check inside for foreign matter? I thank you for your continued and valuable assistance PS: One other thing. HDD S.M.A.R.T Disabled.
To go into the BIOS, you typically need to hit the Delete button as the computer is going through the initial boot up stage, the black screen where it checks memeory, the HDD controllers and such. Some machine are different in that you may have to press a different button to get into the BIOS. It should tell you near the bottom of the screen what to hit to enter the BIOS or Setup. Once in the BIOS you are going to be looking for a Boot Sequence list, where in the BIOS it will be though, I don't know. That is something you will have to find out when you get in to it. Let me know how it goes.
After eventually starting set up this what appeared!!! Please can you assist ???? :( Ifeel the end is nigh, for either myself or the PC :angry: Problem after R:\setup Setup found a compressed volume or a disk-cache utility on your computor.Quit set up and check your compressed volume with your disk compression software or remove disc-cache utility then run setup again….. For more info see "setup.text" on set up disk or the Windows CD,,,, If you have HPFS or NTFS on your HD you will need to create an MS-DOS Boot Partition to set up Windows again!,,,,,,,,, How can I acheive this. It is so frustraeting ?????? Please I need help
Thanx, will try them! Do you think if I do a low level format with out partitioning and then run set up, that it would help ? Thanx again (May be one day I will be a geek) :)
This from one of your links !!!?? SYMPTOMS If you run Setup for the retail (non-OSR2) version of Windows 95 and try to install Windows 95 in a folder containing an OEM Service Release version of Windows 95, you may receive the following error message: Windows Setup Setup found a compressed volume or a disk-cache utility on your computer. Quit setup and check your compressed volume with your disk- compression software or remove the disk-cache utility. Then run Setup again. This error message can also occur if you start your computer using a Microsoft Windows 98 Startup disk, enable CD-ROM support, and then attempt to install Windows 95. If you continue trying to install Windows 95 on a hard disk using the FAT32 file system, you may receive error message "SU-0013." If you are installing Windows 95 on a hard disk using the FAT16 file system, Setup continues but experiences numerous file version conflicts that generate the following message

Thanx, will try them! Do you think if I do a low level format with out partitioning and then run set up, that it would help ?

Thanx again
(May be one day I will be a geek)  :)

159127



It may, that is usually not needed though… might want to run chkdisk or run a scan disk from the Windows CD as well… could be some bad sectors on the hard drive causing problems too.

This from one of your links !!!??

SYMPTOMS
If you run Setup for the retail (non-OSR2) version of Windows 95 and try to install Windows 95 in a folder containing an OEM Service Release version of Windows 95, you may receive the following error message:
Windows Setup
Setup found a compressed volume or a disk-cache utility on your computer. Quit setup and check your compressed volume with your disk- compression software or remove the disk-cache utility. Then run Setup again.
This error message can also occur if you start your computer using a Microsoft Windows 98 Startup disk, enable CD-ROM support, and then attempt to install Windows 95.

If you continue trying to install Windows 95 on a hard disk using the FAT32 file system, you may receive error message "SU-0013."

If you are installing Windows 95 on a hard disk using the FAT16 file system, Setup continues but experiences numerous file version conflicts that generate the following message

159134



Not sure what you are asking or wanting to know abou this.
Found three bad sectors. Was asking, now that I have run low Format should I try to install useing the Win 95 floppy and CD???And not re-partition the HD.????? On with the Motley!!
Shouldn't have to repartition it. Might be an idea though. I would ask what kind of setup your friend wants and go from there. Whether he wants just one drive, or whether he wants it partitioned into two or more drives.
He has never owned a PC so I am trying to get this one up and running. Will try and re-boot with 98 floppy and when I get to the A:\ prompt will insert 95 boot up floppy and CD Win95 ????????Do you think that is feasible.
Boot with either the Win95 floppy or the Win98 floppy… once its booted, put the CD in, switch from the A: drive to the drive that has the CD in it… most likely will be D: From there you should be able ro run setup.exe
Hi, I have not gone away. Here is the latest progress report. EUREAKA! No I have not found gold, but I have actually identified the CD-ROM Drive. It has the letter "R". After much trial and tribulation, I typed in. R:\Win setup.exe and Win95 started to do just that. The jubilation ended when an error appeared: "Error SU-0013. Set up could not create files on start up drive and cannot set up Windows. If you have HPFS or Win NT file system create an MS-DOS BOOT Partition. If you have LANtastic server or SUPERstor Comp. Disable it before running Set Up. See Setup.txt on Setup disk or Win CD-ROM". What next?????????? I am lost again :(
Microsoft has a KB article on SU Errors here.

Try fdisk. Delete the partitions, recreate them, reformat them. Then try reinstalling Windows.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI