This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help Me

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This just won't go away. I've tried about everything, but I can't get rid of this se.dll file. My computer is so slow now. If anyone can help me out I would really really appreciate it.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:50:19 PM, on 4/1/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\STARTER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\GWHOTKEY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BELKIN MOUSE 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RunDLL.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSWHEEL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {25B33384-A229-11D9-93CC-0050D37A756B} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KJENMLA.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TIPS] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\tips\mouse\tips.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Multi-function Keyboard] GWHotKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Belkin Mouse 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL,DllInstall
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O15 - Trusted IP range: 67.19.185.246
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Poker - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/pt1_x.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {25B33383-A229-11D9-93CC-00505C93ED1F} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KJENMLA.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {25B33383-A229-11D9-93CC-00505C93ED1F} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KJENMLA.DLL
Download CW-Shredder at the link below: (don't run it yet)
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe

Download 'SpSeHjfix'. into a folder. (don't run it yet) http://www.trojaner-info.de/cgi-bin/downlo…gi?file=sphjfix

Clean out temporary and TIF files. Go to Start > Run and type in the box: cleanmgr. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure these 3 are checked and then press *ok* to remove:

Temporary Files
Temporary Internet Files
Recycle Bin

Make sure you know how to boot into - SafeMode

Reboot into safe mode.

Disconnect from the net and Close ALL OPEN PROGRAMS.
Run 'SpSeHjfix'. and click on "Start Disinfection".
When it's finished it will reboot your machine to finish the cleaning process.
The tool creates a log of the fix which will appear in the folder.

Now run the Shredder - Hit The FIX button!

Reboot and repeat the process above.

Reboot and post a fresh HJT log and the log that was created by 'SpSeHjfix'
Hi There I am a brand new member and I can't find out where to post my log which I got from my scan. I am also concerned that I am replying to another members question rather than just posting a new question. I did look at the assistant but the result just kept taking me back to the page with the blue writing at the top and a lot of questions from other members. Am I doing the right thing here. I doubt it somehow? Sorry if I've gone to the wrong place. Novice1. (Andy).
Maybe I have answered one of my own questions, I posted to another enquiry I think. Sorry about that, I hope I don't get the push for doing it. My PC is ancient. Windows SE. It's full of lots of old files which I should get rid of but I'm a hoarder. It used to run like a very tired sloth. SO. . . Every time I boot up I start by doing the ControlAlt Del then "End Task" all the progs except Explorer and my freebee ant virus. I run that then the defragmenter the main drive then Scan Disc and get rid of NEARLY all the odd files which it tells me to then it seems to run well. I just trust that it won't give me the wrong info. Now and again I do check the MS updates and I have been told to load them in the right order that they come out so it would take weeks if I had to start all over again. Am I on the right track? None of the above has ever caused me any harm, am I just lucky? It ticks over just fine but I never load any games onto the PC and I don't use any screen savers either. As far as I'm concerned spyware is a trespass and the instigators should be fined for it.
My OS disk is in storage somewhere. I am gonna try and run scanreg/restore when i get home and see if that will at least load windows, and then start from scratch.
I'll go home and try this. I have tried to boot my os in safe mode and I still get the error that explorer.exe has performed an illegal operation. . . oh ok, nevermind. well i will just try the scanreg and see what it does.
OK. I've gotten my computer up and running after that spsehijk whatever screwed up my registry. I ran another HijackThis log. Here it is

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:41:53 PM, on 4/6/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\STARTER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\GWHOTKEY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BELKIN MOUSE 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RunDLL.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSWHEEL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TIPS] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\tips\mouse\tips.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Multi-function Keyboard] GWHotKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Belkin Mouse 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL,DllInstall
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O15 - Trusted IP range: 67.19.185.246
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Poker - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/pt1_x.cab

I know the se.dll file will come back because of that dllInstall line. I also don't know what that Trusted IP range is. I have never been able to get rid of it. Can anyone help me?
OK lets try hijackthis removal Scan with hijackthis and put a check beside these lines and choose FIX O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL,DllInstall O15 - Trusted IP range: 67.19.185.246 Then a new log please.
Here you go. It came back.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:52:00 PM, on 4/6/05
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\STARTER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\GWHOTKEY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BELKIN MOUSE 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RunDLL.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSWHEEL.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
C:\MY DOCUMENTS\ABOUTBUSTER\ABOUTBUSTER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.google.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.google.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = res://C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\se.dll/sp.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP = about:blank
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {33F5D74A-A6D3-11D9-93CB-0050F0D7D996} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BJJ.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TIPS] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\tips\mouse\tips.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [POINTER] C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\point32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Multi-function Keyboard] GWHotKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LWBMOUSE] C:\Program Files\Belkin Mouse 1.0\MOUSE32A.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sp] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\SE.DLL,DllInstall
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [Taskbar Display Controls] RunDLL deskcp16.dll,QUICKRES_RUNDLLENTRY
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O15 - Trusted IP range: 67.19.185.246
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Poker - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/pt1_x.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {33F5D749-A6D3-11D9-93CB-0050000547E1} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BJJ.DLL
O18 - Filter: text/plain - {33F5D749-A6D3-11D9-93CB-0050000547E1} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BJJ.DLL

I have tried removing those two lines before and they never get removed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI