This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My Logs

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:( I had all kinds of problems lately, the most annoying is getting disconnected every few minutes (I was suspecting my ISP), very slow loading, I even received an E-mail from a friend in Europe saying I had a spyware or virus on my web site called JS/Exploit-BO.gen
I am also having problems with my CD Burner (it doesn't see the CD or the formatting) in both of my computer P4 (XP Pro) and the old MMX Pentium (Win 98) I am not sure if this is spyware/virus related! Any idea? Or is it corrupt driver? I can at times use a new CD but only once, it gets locked somehow.
I also found and removed all these:

Hot as Hell
Search Explorer Toolbar
Search Explorer
Search Toolbar
Stardialer
TeenXXX [Tiny Bar]
Alexa Toolbar

Is there anything else I can remove?

Thanks,
Robert

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 12:48:20 AM, on 3/10/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISSERV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVAPW32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBROOT\SPY SWEEPER\SPYSWEEPER.EXE
E:\PROGRAMS\NU2MENU\NU2MENU.EXE
E:\PROGRAMS\NU2MENU\NU2MENU.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVW32.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www."my web"
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy.netpro.net:8080
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV DefAlert] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton eMail Protect] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\POPROXY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton Auto-Protect] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NAVAPW32.EXE /LOADQUIET
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…37905.614837963
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: Win32 Classes - file://C:\WINDOWS\Java\classes\win32ie4.cab
Hi Robert, Welcome to TomCoyote forum. I see a couple of items that should be removed, looks like you got most of the bad stuff. The problem is:

1) C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE: You are running HJT from a TEMP folder, if the Temp stuff get cleaned, there go the backups if you need them.

2) We are currently accepting logs with HJT version 1.99.1, your log is very old. Many new areas I need to see are missing.

3) My suggestion: Go to the C:\ and point to a blank spot and create a new folder called HJT. Go here: http://www.malwareremoval.com/downloads.html There are several ways to download HJT in lines 1 and 2. Direct the download to your new folder. Then delete the contents (NOT THE FOLDER) of the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Be sure to do this before you use the new version. Then post a new log and I will take a look soon as possible.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
:rant2: Scanned again with a newer version, still having problems with the CD Burner it doesn't seem to be seeing existing files on a CD and it takes too long to bring them up on to the screen from a CD when not using the burner. Something must have corrupted the drivers. Is it possible that a Spyware could have done that?
Why do I have that many running processes (21), what can I turn off?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:52:27 PM, on 03/13/2005
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISSERV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\IAMAPP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\QTTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\POPROXY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVAPW32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBROOT\SPY SWEEPER\SPYSWEEPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\HJT\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://MY Web Page
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy.netpro.net.au:8080
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV DefAlert] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton eMail Protect] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\POPROXY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINDOWS\web\related.htm (file missing)
Hello Robert , It appears the notification system failed and I was not notified by email when you posted this log. I realize it has been a while but I am willing to look at another log for you if you are still having issues. I can report that the last log you posted did not indicate any malware that would be causing your issue with the CD Burner. If you are having malware related issues, please post a new log. I will close this thread in 48 hours. Thanks…pskelley
Here is the latest scan, even I can see some, like the "SideFind", I'm not sure what the entry "Weather" and/or "Zwoum" are? Thanks again! Ronerts Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:19:00 PM, on 04/05/2005 Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISSERV.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\IAMAPP.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON INTERNET SECURITY\NISUM.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\POPROXY.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\DAILY WEATHER FORECAST\WEATHER.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\WEBROOT\SPY SWEEPER\SPYSWEEPER.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ZWOU\ZWOUM.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ZWOU\ZWOUA.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\NAVAPW32.EXE C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE C:\HJT\HIJACKTHIS.EXE R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy.netpro.net.au:8080 O2 - BHO: BAHelper Class - {A3FDD654-A057-4971-9844-4ED8E67DBBB8} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SIDEFIND\SFBHO.DLL (file missing) O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV DefAlert] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\DEFALERT.EXE O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Norton eMail Protect] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\POPROXY.EXE O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Daily Weather Forecast] C:\Program Files\Daily Weather Forecast\weather.exe O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DbCQJf] A:\QURFB.EXE O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [czit] C:\WINDOWS\czit.exe O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mstask.exe O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe /0 O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ZWOU] C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ZWOU\ZWOUM.EXE O9 - Extra button: SideFind - {10E42047-DEB9-4535-A118-B3F6EC39B807} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SIDEFIND\SIDEFIND.DLL (file missing)
Hello Roberts, Once again I wish to apologize for that glitch in our system. We do have some questionable items in this log.

Here is the latest scan, even I can see some, like the "SideFind", I'm not sure what the entry "Weather" and/or "Zwoum" are?
Thanks again!


1) Please download CCleaner from this link: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Take the time to review the instructions on the download page so that when I ask you to run it you will know what you are doing.

2) SpySweeper may try to stop the changes we must make with HJT, you may need to turn it off until you finish.

3) These items do not identify and if you do not know them, let's remove them. These items act like random named trojans, if you recognize anything I am removing please pass over it and make me aware of what the item is.
First look in Add Remove programs, if you see this program uninstall it, if it is not there open your Task Manager then under the Processes Tab highlite and end process on it.
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ZWOU\ZWOUA.EXE

4) Open Hijack this and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: BAHelper Class - {A3FDD654-A057-4971-9844-4ED8E67DBBB8} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SIDEFIND\SFBHO.DLL (file missing)
(Sidefind)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Daily Weather Forecast] C:\Program Files\Daily Weather Forecast\weather.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DbCQJf] A:\QURFB.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [czit] C:\WINDOWS\czit.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ZWOU] C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ZWOU\ZWOUM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: SideFind - {10E42047-DEB9-4535-A118-B3F6EC39B807} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\SIDEFIND\SIDEFIND.DLL (file missing)

Close all programs but HJT and all browser window, then click on "Fix Checked"

SHOW HIDDEN FILES: Follow the instructions in the follow link to enable hidden files for your operating system.
You may wish to reverse this process if you have any concern about anyone getting into these hidden system files.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

RIGHT click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

A:\QURFB.EXE >>> file (item running from A:\ ?, you may have to search for it)

C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\ZWOU\ >>> Folder

C:\Program Files\Daily Weather Forecast\ >>> folder

C:\WINDOWS\czit.exe >>> file

Run CCleaner then restart the computer and post a new log along with any comments you have.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
No reply since 4/5/2005 :(


If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI