This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Nasty Toolbars How Do I Get Rid Of Them?

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Your new log is clean. :)

1. I can't reboot in safe mode sad.gif I press F8 and keep it pressed but no. Tried several times. Could it be cos I've got Grisoft installed to scan?

Here is a link to explain Safe Mode more thoroughly. AVG should have no effect on this.

2. When I run Spybot it always finds DSO Exploit and try as I may I cannot remove it. it says its in the folder Hkey_Users\default\software\Microsft\Windows which I also tried to remove (can I? should I? or is it basic to the system??) and failed to do so.

This is a bug in the program which should be fixed in the next version. As long as your Windows is fully updated, you can ignore those entries.

3. In Add/Remove Programmes I can see "Wild Tangent Web Driver" Shoulld I remove this or is it now spyware?

You can remove that entry if you do not use Wild Tangent to play games, for screensavers etc.

Not sure for question 4.
As this topic has been resolved, the thread will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link:
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI