I have all sorts of problems at the moment including being unable to access my spare hard drive where we have most of our files stored. I am asked if I want to format the hard drive. The system is running at a crawl, alternating between 100 per cent of resources and a much lower figure. I have tried running the old version of CW Shredder but it hangs, and the new one can't be accessed. I can't update the old one as when it gets to the licence agreement it waits for a while and then disappears. I have made a Hijack this log - posted below - and I am suspicious of the entry which reads: 016……download/msnmessengersetupdownloader.cab
but I will wait for a reply before fixing anything.
Thanks in advance.
Harassed mum.
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 19:57:09, on 11/02/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Sorry to keep pestering you - I know there are lots of people out there more desperate than I am. I should have explained that although my last topic hadn't been closed, I couldn't access it for some reason so I hard to start a new one. I can now open "My Assistant" again so I don't know what the problem was.
Since my last post I have discovered that I can't access "Add and Remove Programs" in Control Panel. I can't access Adaware as it hangs when it begins loading the definitions at the beginning. I can't install the latest version of CWShredder as that hangs as well. I have completed several on-line scans which have found nothing, as well as Spybot which seemed to work ok, but found nothing. Here is my latest Hijack this log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 12:57:58, on 13/02/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
You can use windows sfc (system file checker) You'd need your XP CD to make this work.
So if u want to try it; Start> Run. type sfc /scannow Note the space.
You also need to update both Windows XP and Internet Explorere as they are both well behind in updates. They are both missing Service Pack 1 which is leaving you open to all kinds of problems.
I DO NOT suggest you go to Service Pack 2, at this time.
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately I haven't got the XP CD handy as it belongs to my school (the licence covers staff's personal machines) but I should be able to get it in about a week or so (it's half-term).
Tried to download Service Pack 1 but it checked my system for updates and told me the only one I needed was Service Pack 2 which I have tried unsuccessfully to install a few times. Some of my files were corrupted and I need to repair them - but I haven't got the CD!
I downloaded Internet Explorer Service Pack 1 and then it told me to reboot the machine. I was nervous about this but tried it - it took about 10-15 mins to get to the XP background, then there was a DOS window showing me what it was doing. The heading in the blue bar says F:WINDOWS\TSC.EXE (F is my hard drive, the spare hard drive is C but I can't get into it).
The DOS page has been running for about 20 minutes now and I'm afraid to close it - it's listing a load of viruses. So far it has reached this entry:
Executing WORM_BUCHON.C pattern…
the ones above are all the same structure with different names. At the top when it started it something about Trend Microsystems (I think that's what they're called) but that has now gone so I can't see it.
Should I just leave this running? There is an option to close the box but I'm not sure what to do. I'm using my laptop at the moment.
tHANKS, hm
Just one question: when it says "executing" does that mean in the sense of exterminating it? I assumed (maybe wrongly) that it meant it was running it.
The DOS window has now closed and I have been prompted to install updates. It is trying to install SP2 but I know it won't succeed, so I have cancelled it. Meantime, the performance window in Task Manager is still showing 100 per cent use of the CPU every couple of seconds or so - there is a regular up and down of the chart. It seems I'm no further on.
Here is my latest log:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
Scan saved at 15:21:55, on 13/02/2005
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Extract the TSC.EXE and TSC.PTN files into your product folder. Click Yes when prompted to replace existing files with the same names. The default folders of the OfficeScan versions are listed below.
Default location for OfficeScan 5.02 to 5.3x:
C:\OfficeScanNT
Default location for OfficeScan 5.5 or higher:
Windows 98SE/ME/NT/2K/XP
C:\Program Files\TREND MICRO\OfficeScan Client
Scan your system using OfficeScan.
Important: TSC is triggered by OfficeScan. Make sure that OfficeScan has been updated to the latest pattern file and scan engine.
I followed your instructions but did not have an OfficeScan folder, so I downloaded SysClean instead as instructed on their website. I kept all the unzipped files in the same folder called tsc, then ran the program. It ran for ages but when I got the results it seems it hadn't managed to run the scan. I can't paste the log from Sysclean as it doesn't seem to copy, but the entries while it was scanning said error (-94), and the majority of the entries in the log end in "access is denied".
I'm not sure if it's something I haven't done properly, or if something malicious is working on my system preventing my attempts to clean up. What do you suggest?
HM
Sorry for delay. I went to the Kaspersky website but you seem to have to submit files you think are suspicious for them to check them out - I don't know where to begin as all the scanners and AV programs that I have managed to work simply don't show anything. I have been through my folders and looked at the files modified in the last couple of weeks and can't see much there - whenever I check something out it seems to be part of windows.
My sons have been using Ares to download music but it seems to have good reviews, although a program like that is only as good as its users.
I think I will have to wait for the XP CD and try to repair the system. I can't understand why the CPU is running at full capacity though. It's also strange how I can't use Adaware and CWShredder, or access add and remove programs, or my spare hard drive. I fear I will end up having to format both drives eventually, but my sons would like to save their music files first!
I will keep trying the online scanners. HM
Sorry for delay. Here's the list:
avgcc F:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
avgemc F:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgem.exe
msnappau "F\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.02.3000.1001\en-us\nappau.exe"
NeroCheck F:\WINDOWS\System32\NeroCheck.exe
lxbabmgr "F:\Program Files\Lexmark X5100 Series\lxbabmgr.exe"
MMKEYBD F:\Program Files\Multimedia keyboard utility\1.3\MMKEYBD.EXE
THGuard "F:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.0\THGuard.exe."
ctfmon F:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
msmsgs "F:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
In the location section they all have the following entry:
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
I still seem to be able to run AVG and have been updating it regularly, but it hasn't found anything. The only other tool I can get to run is Spybot, but the only thing that it finds is DSO exploit which it says it fixes but doesn't actually fix it. I read somewhere that this is not critical so I haven't done anything about it.
Thanks once more for all your help.
HM
Here's a footnote: I just tried again to go into Add or Remove programs and it didn't seem to be responding, so I left it for 30-40 mins. When I returned it had finally populated the list, and lo and behold there is the NavExcel search toolbar sitting in the middle of my programs!
I have not done anything to it yet as I have found so many differing instructions on the internet for dealing with it. I assume it was downloaded with Ares - can we still use this program without Navexcel?
HM
I did try to remove it but it didn't go away, it asked if I was sure I wanted to remove it and I clicked on OK, but it stayed there. Interestingly I can't find any files or folders related to it, so I don't know why it's showing up in programs in the first place. I have unearthed something interesting though, which may be related to the slowing down of my system. I found my way into Events viewer, and found all sorts of errors, warnings etc. for both the system and the applications. I will paste the first few entries for each of them here but I had to save them as a text file and so they don't have headings. Here's the first, for the system:
16/02/2005 13:54:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:42:20 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:42:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:41:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:40:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:39:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:38:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:37:15 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:37:09 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:37:04 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:36:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:35:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:34:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:33:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:32:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:31:59 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:31:53 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:31:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:30:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:29:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:28:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:27:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:26:48 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:26:42 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:26:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:26:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:25:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 13:24:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:27:07 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:27:01 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:26:55 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:26:06 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:58 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:53 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:47 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:42 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:37 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:31 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:26 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:20 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:15 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:09 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:25:04 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:58 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:53 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:47 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:42 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:36 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:31 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:25 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:24:06 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:23:06 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:22:09 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:22:04 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:21:59 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 11:21:06 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 08:46:15 EventLog Information None 6005 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The Event log service was started.
16/02/2005 08:44:53 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 01:35:48 EventLog Information None 6006 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The Event log service was stopped.
16/02/2005 00:32:27 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:31:20 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:30:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:29:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:28:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:28:14 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:28:08 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:27:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:26:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:25:58 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:25:34 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
16/02/2005 00:24:36 Disk Error None 7 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The device, \Device\Harddisk1\D, has a bad block.
Now for the first section of the info on applications:
16/02/2005 12:09:43 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (1248) The database engine stopped.
16/02/2005 12:09:43 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (1248) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
16/02/2005 12:04:14 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (1248) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
16/02/2005 12:04:14 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (1248) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
16/02/2005 10:40:00 Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
16/02/2005 10:39:39 Application Error Error None 1000 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2600.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.0, fault address 0x00002004.
16/02/2005 08:57:58 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (776) The database engine stopped.
16/02/2005 08:57:58 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (776) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
16/02/2005 08:51:27 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (776) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
16/02/2005 08:51:26 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (776) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
16/02/2005 08:50:04 Avg7UpdSvc Information None 1 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Service started
16/02/2005 08:48:54 EAPOL Information None 2001 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 EAPOL service was started successfully
15/02/2005 23:29:08 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3936) The database engine stopped.
15/02/2005 23:29:08 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3936) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
15/02/2005 23:24:05 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3936) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
15/02/2005 23:24:05 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3936) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
15/02/2005 15:28:43 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3932) The database engine stopped.
15/02/2005 15:28:43 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3932) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
15/02/2005 15:22:54 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3932) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
15/02/2005 15:22:54 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3932) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
15/02/2005 12:05:52 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2356) The database engine stopped.
15/02/2005 12:05:52 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2356) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
15/02/2005 12:00:47 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2356) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
15/02/2005 12:00:47 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2356) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
15/02/2005 04:54:41 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2656) The database engine stopped.
15/02/2005 04:54:41 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2656) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
15/02/2005 04:49:30 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2656) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
15/02/2005 04:49:30 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2656) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
14/02/2005 20:53:56 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2920) The database engine stopped.
14/02/2005 20:53:56 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2920) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
14/02/2005 20:48:30 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2920) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
14/02/2005 20:48:30 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2920) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
14/02/2005 17:03:53 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application wmplayer.exe, version 8.0.0.4477, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
14/02/2005 15:48:55 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application msnmsgr.exe, version 7.0.425.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
14/02/2005 12:06:47 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (884) The database engine stopped.
14/02/2005 12:06:47 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (884) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
14/02/2005 12:00:22 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (884) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
14/02/2005 12:00:22 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (884) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
14/02/2005 11:58:53 Avg7UpdSvc Information None 1 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Service started
14/02/2005 11:57:20 EAPOL Information None 2001 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 EAPOL service was started successfully
14/02/2005 10:12:57 Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
14/02/2005 10:12:45 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Explorer.EXE, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
14/02/2005 09:02:55 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
14/02/2005 08:42:10 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application CWSInstall.exe, version 1.0.0.1, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
14/02/2005 08:25:48 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2020) The database engine stopped.
14/02/2005 08:25:48 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2020) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
14/02/2005 08:20:42 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2020) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
14/02/2005 08:20:42 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2020) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
14/02/2005 00:25:18 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (4068) The database engine stopped.
14/02/2005 00:25:18 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (4068) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
14/02/2005 00:18:59 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (4068) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
14/02/2005 00:18:59 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (4068) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 23:26:57 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (484) The database engine stopped.
13/02/2005 23:26:57 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (484) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
13/02/2005 23:21:49 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (484) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 23:21:48 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (484) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 22:17:20 Messenger Error None 1000 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Messenger ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: msnmsgr.exe, 7.0.425.0, msnmsgr.exe, 7.0.425.0, 002767ca.
13/02/2005 15:33:36 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2384) The database engine stopped.
13/02/2005 15:33:36 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2384) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
13/02/2005 15:28:35 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2384) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 15:28:35 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2384) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 15:27:08 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2020) The database engine stopped.
13/02/2005 15:27:08 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2020) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
13/02/2005 15:12:42 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2020) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 15:12:42 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2020) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 14:29:44 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (400) The database engine stopped.
13/02/2005 14:29:44 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (400) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
13/02/2005 14:20:39 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (400) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 14:20:39 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (400) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 14:19:14 Avg7UpdSvc Information None 1 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Service started
13/02/2005 14:17:48 EAPOL Information None 2001 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 EAPOL service was started successfully
13/02/2005 14:06:44 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2456) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 14:06:44 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2456) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 12:55:12 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
13/02/2005 12:49:49 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
13/02/2005 12:24:59 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
13/02/2005 12:17:30 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
13/02/2005 11:50:41 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (1388) The database engine stopped.
13/02/2005 11:50:41 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (1388) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
13/02/2005 11:44:47 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (1388) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 11:44:47 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (1388) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 10:08:55 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application CWSInstall.exe, version 1.0.0.1, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
13/02/2005 06:27:27 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2028) The database engine stopped.
13/02/2005 06:27:27 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2028) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
13/02/2005 06:22:00 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2028) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
13/02/2005 06:22:00 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2028) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
13/02/2005 04:11:45 Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
13/02/2005 04:11:33 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
12/02/2005 23:27:34 MsiInstaller Information None 11728 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Product: MSN Messenger 7.0 – Configuration completed successfully.
12/02/2005 17:59:40 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2348) The database engine stopped.
12/02/2005 17:59:40 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2348) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
12/02/2005 17:54:36 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2348) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
12/02/2005 17:54:36 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2348) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
12/02/2005 17:26:25 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
12/02/2005 16:14:54 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
12/02/2005 15:51:39 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ad-Aware.exe, version 6.2.0.206, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
12/02/2005 11:49:47 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (1640) The database engine stopped.
12/02/2005 11:49:47 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (1640) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
12/02/2005 11:44:36 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (1640) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
12/02/2005 11:44:36 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (1640) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
12/02/2005 09:59:28 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3944) The database engine stopped.
12/02/2005 09:59:28 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3944) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
12/02/2005 09:53:33 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3944) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
12/02/2005 09:53:33 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3944) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
12/02/2005 09:36:45 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application CWSInstall.exe, version 1.0.0.1, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
12/02/2005 04:58:08 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2212) The database engine stopped.
12/02/2005 04:58:08 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2212) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
12/02/2005 04:49:10 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2212) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
12/02/2005 04:49:10 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2212) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
12/02/2005 02:12:27 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Ares.exe, version 1.8.1.2951, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
11/02/2005 19:26:39 Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
11/02/2005 19:26:22 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application Explorer.EXE, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
11/02/2005 16:50:37 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2356) The database engine stopped.
11/02/2005 16:50:37 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2356) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
11/02/2005 16:45:30 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2356) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
11/02/2005 16:45:30 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2356) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
11/02/2005 16:04:14 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application wmplayer.exe, version 8.0.0.4477, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
11/02/2005 11:49:38 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3116) The database engine stopped.
11/02/2005 11:49:38 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3116) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
11/02/2005 11:44:36 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3116) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
11/02/2005 11:44:36 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3116) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
11/02/2005 08:50:07 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3696) The database engine stopped.
11/02/2005 08:50:07 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3696) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
11/02/2005 08:44:37 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3696) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
11/02/2005 08:44:37 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3696) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
10/02/2005 21:00:14 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (256) The database engine stopped.
10/02/2005 21:00:14 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (256) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
10/02/2005 20:54:59 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (256) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
10/02/2005 20:54:59 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (256) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
10/02/2005 16:34:46 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application msnmsgr.exe, version 7.0.425.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
10/02/2005 15:43:08 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application IEXPLORE.EXE, version 6.0.2600.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
10/02/2005 12:59:58 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3404) The database engine stopped.
10/02/2005 12:59:58 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3404) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
10/02/2005 12:51:37 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (3404) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
10/02/2005 12:51:37 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (3404) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
10/02/2005 11:50:48 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (196) The database engine stopped.
10/02/2005 11:50:48 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (196) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
10/02/2005 11:44:07 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (196) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
10/02/2005 11:44:06 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (196) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
10/02/2005 11:43:35 Avg7UpdSvc Information None 1 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Service started
10/02/2005 11:42:37 EAPOL Information None 2001 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 EAPOL service was started successfully
09/02/2005 21:37:51 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application CWShredder.exe, version 1.59.0.1, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
09/02/2005 21:18:48 Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
09/02/2005 21:18:37 DrWatson Information None 4097 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The application, F:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 02/09/2005 @ 21:18:29.588 The exception generated was 80000007 at address 00000000 ()
09/02/2005 18:37:47 ESENT Information General 101 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2344) The database engine stopped.
09/02/2005 18:37:47 ESENT Information General 103 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2344) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine stopped the instance (0).
09/02/2005 18:28:07 ESENT Information General 102 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuaueng.dll (2344) SUS20ClientDataStore: The database engine started a new instance (0).
09/02/2005 18:28:07 ESENT Information General 100 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 wuauclt (2344) The database engine 5.01.2600.0000 started.
09/02/2005 17:42:12 Winlogon Information None 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.
09/02/2005 16:57:49 Application Hang Error (101) 1002 N/A THE-ZPTT8X0A9F0 Hanging application wmplayer.exe, version 8.0.0.4477, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.
The pages go on and on, but I have only selected part of each.
In addition to this I keep getting asked if I want to debug but it never carries out properly. Sorry for the volume of information here, but I thought it might give you a clue as to what is wrong with my system.
HM
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI