MustangMan
Topic Starter
Hello once again…
Had some great help here a month or so ago and I've been trying to help a coworker get her laptop back on the Internet after her brother hosed it.
I've run the latest Spybot, Adware, CWShredder, etc. with the max options in safe mode, but I can't get the latest definition files due to the machine refusing to connect to the internet due to what I assume is some software blocking the connection (when I try to connect it work it states it's detecting settings and then displays an error page). I know there's more crap on there by looking at the log, but before I start checking boxes I wanted to run it by some more knowledgable people.
Let me know what your suggestions are. Thanks!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 4:22:31 PM, on 2/4/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\kwitta.exe
C:\Hijack This Utility\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {339BB23F-A864-48C0-A59F-29EA915965EC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {000277A3-7D84-406a-9799-D12A81594693} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xhquqS] C:\documents and settings\neuben nunez-wilson\local settings\temp\xhquqS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2LRX2W83X2T3MQ] C:\WINDOWS\System32\UdbkLS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [t] C:\documents and settings\neuben nunez-wilson\local settings\temp\t.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pgtaff] C:\WINDOWS\pgtaff.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yuhblc] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yuhblc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lcoerbz] C:\WINDOWS\omcs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB controller] "C:\DOCUME~1\NEUBEN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\svcmm32.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCPC] "C:\Program Files\Bcpc\bcpc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Breg] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\bcre.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Xcpy1] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Xcpy1.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdtl] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winupdtl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwjilyl] C:\WINDOWS\nwjilyl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [7FEj3qR] alrsrch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoxtRkdsU] datend.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pgtaff] C:\WINDOWS\pgtaff.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {6685509E-B47B-4f47-8E16-9A5F3A62F683} - file://C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\windows\system32\calsp.dll' missing
O12 - Plugin for .wav: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll
Had some great help here a month or so ago and I've been trying to help a coworker get her laptop back on the Internet after her brother hosed it.
I've run the latest Spybot, Adware, CWShredder, etc. with the max options in safe mode, but I can't get the latest definition files due to the machine refusing to connect to the internet due to what I assume is some software blocking the connection (when I try to connect it work it states it's detecting settings and then displays an error page). I know there's more crap on there by looking at the log, but before I start checking boxes I wanted to run it by some more knowledgable people.
Let me know what your suggestions are. Thanks!
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 4:22:31 PM, on 2/4/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\kwitta.exe
C:\Hijack This Utility\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.rr.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {339BB23F-A864-48C0-A59F-29EA915965EC} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {000277A3-7D84-406a-9799-D12A81594693} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BJCFD] C:\Program Files\BroadJump\Client Foundation\CFD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xhquqS] C:\documents and settings\neuben nunez-wilson\local settings\temp\xhquqS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2LRX2W83X2T3MQ] C:\WINDOWS\System32\UdbkLS.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [t] C:\documents and settings\neuben nunez-wilson\local settings\temp\t.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pgtaff] C:\WINDOWS\pgtaff.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yuhblc] C:\WINDOWS\System32\yuhblc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lcoerbz] C:\WINDOWS\omcs.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [USB controller] "C:\DOCUME~1\NEUBEN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\svcmm32.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCPC] "C:\Program Files\Bcpc\bcpc.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Breg] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\bcre.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Xcpy1] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Xcpy1.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdtl] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winupdtl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwjilyl] C:\WINDOWS\nwjilyl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [7FEj3qR] alrsrch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoxtRkdsU] datend.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pgtaff] C:\WINDOWS\pgtaff.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Distillr\acrotray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {6685509E-B47B-4f47-8E16-9A5F3A62F683} - file://C:\Program Files\Ebates_MoeMoneyMaker\Sy350\Tp350\scri350a.htm (file missing) (HKCU)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'c:\windows\system32\calsp.dll' missing
O12 - Plugin for .wav: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin2.dll