Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Wgscan.exe!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2004 - 07:49 AM

wgscan.exe. is it a programme!! A few weeks ago, I downloaded Diamond wormguard to protect my PC as I was having problems getting rid of the viruses. Eventually I got rid of them by deleting checkpoints made by Second Chance. Now I found that I cannot open e.g "hijack this" by double clicking on it, as it is asking me that it needed wgscan.exe to open it. The only way, I could open it, is to right click and then select open. I have found some of the files with a window icon, I cannot open e.g TMP file, GID file and Exp file. I honestly do not know what the extension means and I am hoping somebody will be able to advise me. I am using Windows 98. I have found wgscan in C\PQSC\CPS\000127\NEW\Wormguard in Power Quest Second Chance by doing a search on files and folders. I did not find anything in the registry. It seems to be the problem. I have already uninstalled Diamond Wormguard. I have tried to delete it but got the message that "wgscan.exe is a program if you remove it, you will no longer be able to run this program or edit some documents". Do I need wgscan as I have already uninstalled it from my computer and why is it still saying it is required to open some files. Is there anything I could do now as I am a bit concerned to delete it and would like to have some expert advise, please. Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 mark2

mark2

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:19 AM

Have a look here

Was wgscan part of the wormguard program ?

perhaps you need to reassociate Notepad with your .txt files.

Edited by mark2, 03 January 2004 - 08:19 AM.