here are all the autoexe.bat items listed including the three weird items that come up in the command window on bootup
C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\BOOTUP.EXE
SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T2
SET SNDSCAPE=C:\WINDOWS
??Ë
Ûÿ¿në_«öè°mñÿƒmPÝ¢zLضÉÿ/Ä«
Ûÿ?“r¬1|PðÿcÙ˵ÜU»fôÛ•¹eOþêGS§öø°ìøÿ9[¢¶.®küÿŒQNyÿßô7¶-è_ü繺ï•eÛK‡ÿ_—ú‡U‹Þ“ÑÙK–= åKþ6æ¸Úzc%bøÿ9«•îdcÜŸÃÿ±|.
Æ.Òqÿ?â-6~jÐáÿçcRN1¶Lÿ?gë¥=Í÷ñÿóxj/³çñØÄÿÏÙJµmÆöÃÿÏÙ
thanks,
shannon42
Autoexec.bat will be the first one you see. Just take your mouse and hilight the bad stuff, hit the delete key on the keyboard. Click the X to close and it'll ask if you want to save, select yes.
I was able to delete the ugly stuff without any problems. However, I still have some problems. I tried to delte C:\Windows|Temp files and these 2 would not delete: ~dflfcd.tmp ~dfe2de.tmp
Next my computer is still running very slow on internet explorer and it is taking approximately 7 mins. from startup to a clean desktop screen.
Thanks so much,
Shannon42
Start. Run type in Msconfig hit enter. Look in the Startup and see what's loading.
Maybe things in there not needed in startup. List them and we'll see what we can disable.
Here are the things in startup:
TkBellExe
AVG7_CC
LoadPowerProfile
AVG7_EMC
AVG7_AMSVR
LoadPowerProfile
SchedulingAgent
winmodem
hpoddt01.exe
hp instant support
hp psc 1000 series
Greetings Workshop Reminders
Event Reminder
Microsoft Office StartUp
SpywareGuard
ctfmon.exe
ScanRegistry
TaskMonitor
SystemTray
EnsoniqMixer
LoadPowerProfile
Multi-function Keyboard
EM_EXEC
StillImageMonitor
USSShReg
I do not have the hp printer on this computer any longer. Greeting workshop reminder, office startup, not need on startup.
thanks,
shannon42