This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Please Help - Computer Very Infected

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:o Sorry to post again, but I have no responses after 2+ days, nor any more views of my post after the first 2 hours of the original post. My computer is severely bogged down with many of the ubiquitious problems being regularly answered on this website. All I want to be able to do is search the net in a half-efficient manner. I did download weatherbug, but will remove it if it is part of my problems. I don't want AOL or any fancy music. Just want to search a topic (thru Google) without pain now and then. I am a neophyte and can give details if an expert requests it. Pop-ups galore interrupt me. Search assistant. Casino. etc. Internet Explorer keeps telling me I'm infected in several different ways (like I don't know it, but is it legitimate or just more spyware?). Registry cleaner. VBscript. Bargain Buddy. (Regular) Warnings. Security Warnings. Poker. ScreenSavers. AmericanExpress. etc. Spybot keeps posting Registry changes. How do I know when to accept or deny changes? Adware. On and on an on and . . . Again, I can provide more details if requested. I have someone to help me answer sophisticated questions, but that person unfortunately can only help me by phone. Below is my HJT file posted Dec 7 10:59 pm under Dogpile. I hope I am not violating any rules, but to wait 30 days for a reply is not a good option. I would do a re-install, except I know it will happen all over again unless I learn how to defend myself. (I guess I can re-install every 30 days.) Old saying, don't buy a homeless man a fish dinner, but teach him how to fish for his own dinner. Little Eagle, LD Tate, Siggyx, anyone, please help.

here is my hjt file. Please help:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:26:41 PM, on 12/7/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\FZxuYeyua.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\xY6NJ.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\QtrgRbne.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\XqeCcx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winupdt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Cache\cxtpls_loader.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Search Help - {E8EAEB34-F7B5-4C55-87FF-720FAF53D841} - C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Local Settings\Temp\UERxv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FZxuYeyua] C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\FZxuYeyua.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2LRX2W83X2T3MQ] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wszv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcinstaller] c:\installer\id53.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xY6NJ] C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\xY6NJ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [5Foj34S] dgrcd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TB_setup] C:\DOCUME~1\Nutter\LOCALS~1\Temp\tb_setup.exe /dcheck
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcloader] C:\WINDOWS\System32\stcloader.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] C:\PROGRA~1\CLOCKS~1\Sync.exe /q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ko7tRQe6j] upnideo.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe 1
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {120E090D-9136-4b78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ms.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MaxSpeed - {120E090D-9136-4b78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ms.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab

Thanks
You have a Peper Trojan.

Go to here and download the fix:
http://downloads.subratam.org/PeperFix.exe

To use it:
Start PeperFix.exe.
Click Find and Fix button.
It will ask you to restart computer, accept that.
After rebooting run PeperFix.exe again and let it fix again.

Before restart, Empty Recycle Bin.

Restart your computer.

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Thank you LD Tate. Excuse the delay, I was awy. I did just as you said. Here is my new HJT file. I look forward to your next command. THANKS!


Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:25:00 PM, on 12/10/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\FZxuYeyua.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\xY6NJ.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\winupdt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Search Help - {E8EAEB34-F7B5-4C55-87FF-720FAF53D841} - C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Local Settings\Temp\UERxv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FZxuYeyua] C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\FZxuYeyua.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2LRX2W83X2T3MQ] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wszv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcinstaller] c:\installer\id53.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xY6NJ] C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\xY6NJ.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [5Foj34S] dgrcd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TB_setup] C:\DOCUME~1\Nutter\LOCALS~1\Temp\tb_setup.exe /dcheck
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcloader] C:\WINDOWS\System32\stcloader.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] C:\PROGRA~1\CLOCKS~1\Sync.exe /q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ko7tRQe6j] upnideo.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\PROGRA~1\AWS\WEATHE~1\Weather.exe 1
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {120E090D-9136-4b78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ms.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MaxSpeed - {120E090D-9136-4b78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ms.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (HKCU)
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab
Please disable TeaTimer before fix.
Do Alt/Ctrl/Del (all three keys at the same time0 and end the process for TeaTimer.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall: WinTools

I suggest you do this:

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these.

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blank

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Search Help - {E8EAEB34-F7B5-4C55-87FF-720FAF53D841} - C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Local Settings\Temp\UERxv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FZxuYeyua] C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\FZxuYeyua.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2LRX2W83X2T3MQ] C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wszv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcinstaller] c:\installer\id53.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xY6NJ] C:\documents and settings\allan\local settings\temp\xY6NJ.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [5Foj34S] dgrcd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TB_setup] C:\DOCUME~1\Nutter\LOCALS~1\Temp\tb_setup.exe /dcheck

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UserFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -u

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common Files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [stcloader] C:\WINDOWS\System32\stcloader.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Ko7tRQe6j] upnideo.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {120E090D-9136-4b78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ms.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: MaxSpeed - {120E090D-9136-4b78-8258-F0B44B4BD2AC} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ms.exe (file missing)


Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

Restart in Safe Mode:
Restart your computer.

Press F8 after the Power-On Self Test (POST) is done. If the Windows Advanced Options Menu does not appear, try restarting and then pressing F8 several times after the POST screen.
Choose the Safe Mode option from the Windows Advanced Options Menu then press Enter.


Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Search for dgrcd.exe and delete it.
Open c:\installer\id53.exe <–Delete File
Open C:\WINDOWS\System32\stcloader.exe <–Delete File

Do this also if these Temp Folders are part of your OS.

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.


Next navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\(EVERY USER)\Local Settings\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.


Empty the Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
:) Aye, aye Captain, I followed your commands and post my new HJT below. A couple of quick comments while I executed your commands. 1. Tried to uninstall WinTools but got error message saying it may have already been unistalled. I removed the name from my ADD/REMOVE List. 2. I was amazed at some of my temp files, one from Specific Mail (SMI.exe. and eula.rtf), which was a license agreement letting them give my name to 3rd parties and allow pop-ups, etc. Truly appalling and while I am a neophyte computer user, I am educated in the law so maybe I'm not that surprised, yet the secrecy of it was disturbing. 3. My computer is still a bit slow to boot up (like 35-40 sec to get to the user name list, which is like 20 sec longer than when I first bought the computer). 4. I removed WEATHERBUG (though I don't know if it matters). 5. Once you have fixed my problems, what do you suggest I do to keep my computer clean? I thought a combination of a. SPyBot, b. AdWare, and c. a commercial anti-virus (MCafee? Norton? Something Else? CWShredder?) program might be sufficient. 6. How do I know when to "accept" or "deny" a SpyBot request to change my Registry? 7. Before your help, I was getting ominous looking pop-ups from "Internet Explorer" in different formats warning me I was infected and sometimes even listing certain files that I knew I didn't want as infectives and requesting me to say okay to help clean it. Should I always deny/cancel such requests in the future? Again, THANKS FOR ALL YOUR GREAT HELP!! Here's my new hjt file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:03:34 AM, on 12/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] C:\PROGRA~1\CLOCKS~1\Sync.exe /q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab

6. How do I know when to "accept" or "deny" a SpyBot request to change my Registry?

What I do is, if I'm not updating a program on my computer or if it's not a program like my Anti-Virus wanting to update, I deny.

7. I was getting ominous looking pop-ups from "Internet Explorer" in different formats warning me I was infected and sometimes even listing certain files that I knew.

Those are spyware scam companies trying to sell you their products, which are loaded with spyware / malware.

I suggest you do this:

We need to fix the Winsock problem.

Download LSPfix here: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Start the program and then check the I know what I'm doing box.

Move all instances of cdlsp.dll (and nothing else), to the Remove pane.
Click the Finish Button and reboot.

Find and delete the file c:\windows\system\cdlsp.dll

1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on your hard drive that you wish to clean (C drive, for example)
3. In the context menu that opens, select properties
4. Under the general tab you should select Disk Cleanup
5. Windows will scan your drive which will take a few seconds/minutes
6. A box will display the various files you can remove.
Check all boxes except compress old files
7. Click OK and windows will comply.

Restart your computer.

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
I followed your instructions. However, when I searched for the file c:\windows\system\cdlsp.dll (after I removed it with lspfix and rebooted), I could not find it on my hard drive. Also, to correct a statement in my last post, my computer takes ~90 seconds to reboot, which is about twice as long as when I first bought it. THANKS so much LD Tate for your help and replies to my questions. I am learning. :thumbup: Here's my new hjt file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 12:44:59 PM, on 12/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] C:\PROGRA~1\CLOCKS~1\Sync.exe /q
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab?
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab

However, when I searched for the file c:\windows\system\cdlsp.dll (after I removed it with lspfix and rebooted), I could not find it on my hard drive.

Main thing it's gone


Open Spybot S&D, click Mode>Advanced>Tools>Resident and remove the check from the Tea Timer box. You can reinstate it later but we don't want it interfering with what we need to do. Reboot when done.

I suggest you do this:

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these.


R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ClockSync] C:\PROGRA~1\CLOCKS~1\Sync.exe /q
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE

O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540000} - http://www.spywarestormer.com/files2/Install.cab

O16 - DPF: {2B96D5CC-C5B5-49A5-A69D-CC0A30F9028C} (MiniBugTransporterX Class) - http://download.weatherbug.com/minibug/tri…Transporter.cab


Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

Restart in Safe Mode:
Restart your computer.

Press F8 after the Power-On Self Test (POST) is done. If the Windows Advanced Options Menu does not appear, try restarting and then pressing F8 several times after the POST screen.
Choose the Safe Mode option from the Windows Advanced Options Menu then press Enter.


Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Clear "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Open C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate <–Delete Folder
Open C:\PROGRA~1\CLOCKS~1 <–Delete Folder My guess is this will be in
C:\Program Files\Clocks

Do this also if these Temp Folders are part of your OS.

Also in safe mode navigate to the C:\Windows\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.


Next navigate to the C:\Documents and Settings\(EVERY USER)\Local Settings\Temp folder. Open the Temp folder and go to Edit > Select All then Edit > Delete to delete the entire contents of the Temp folder.

Finally go to Control Panel > Internet Options. On the General tab under "Temporary Internet Files" Click "Delete Files". Put a check by "Delete Offline Content" and click OK. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.


Empty the Recycle Bin

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
(1.) I could not find the "CLOCKS~1" folder. I searched my hard drive in both a. Program Files and in b. Documents and Settings. I only found 4 files/folders in the latter location (whenuclocksync/sync1/sync2.zip and ClockSync (requires password to open)). Thus, I never deleted the clocks~1 folder. (2.) I don't know how to look for Temp Folders as "part of my OS" so I didn't do anything about that request. (3.) Everything else went okay (some of your commands were already done from prior posts). (4.) In searching for the clocks~1 folder, I noted lots of folders I don't think I need and hope aren't slowing down my computer. For example, there were empty folders for deal helper, dynamic toolbar, max speed, no adware, my daily horoscope, side find and time sync. There were also folders with files in them for web offer, ganymednet, online games, msn gaming zone, my search, my way (with search assistant), xerox, your company name and adupmanger.xml. My desktop also shows: aol, bridge, lycos sidesearch, second thought, free games & music, musictracks, microsoft money, aaw6181.exe, free travel voucher, music tracks. Can't I and/or should I delete this stuff? I only want WORD, WordPerfect, Adobe, Excel, FinePix (to view photos), IrffranView (to make special images), ChemDraw, real player, windows media player, sound capabilities, MicroSoft Outlook Express (e-mail); MSN Messenger (e-mail), current date/time, preferably local weather reports, and an Internet Searching Engine (my problems??) via Google. Again thanks so much for all you help. (5.) here's my new hjt file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:55:45 PM, on 12/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab

(1.) I could not find the "CLOCKS~1" folder.

HijackThis fixed it, so that's ok

(2.) I don't know how to look for Temp Folders

We'll get there another way.

(4) I noted lots of folders I don't think I need and hope aren't slowing down my computer. For example, there were empty folders for deal helper, dynamic toolbar, max speed, no adware, my daily horoscope, side find and time sync. There were also folders with files in them for web offer, ganymednet, online games, msn gaming zone, my search, my way (with search assistant),xerox, your company name and adupmanger.xml.

I don't know about these so I'd leave these xerox, your company name and adupmanger.xml. I would think ALL the others you can get rid of.

(4) My desktop also shows: bridge, lycos sidesearch, second thought, free games & music, musictracks, microsoft money, aaw6181.exe, free travel voucher, music tracks. Can't I and/or should I delete this stuff?

Yes, you can delete all these EXCEPT AOL. I think you're using AOL as your ISP.

(2.) Removing Temp:

1. Open My Computer
2. Right click on your hard drive that you wish to clean (C drive, for example)
3. In the context menu that opens, select properties
4. Under the general tab you should select Disk Cleanup
5. Windows will scan your drive which will take a few seconds/minutes
6. A box will display the various files you can remove.
Check all boxes except compress old files
7. Click OK and windows will comply.

Restart your computer.

Reboot and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread.
Thanks again LD Tate! I feel I'm making good progress (and hope you agree). (1) I use COMCAST as my ISP, so I see no need to store AOL. (2) my computer seems to work better/faster, though it still takes ~90 sec to reboot, but goes quickly when I choose my user. (3) I deleted the desktop icons I don't want. (4) I deleted the add/remove programs from control panel that I don't want. (5) do I need to delete from anywhere else? (ie c:\windows\program files? documents and settings? temp folder? system 32?). (6) here's my new hjt log (I'll get back to you later.):

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:27:16 PM, on 12/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab
These aren't needed at start up. They're not bad, but not needed at start up.

I suggest you do this:

Run Hijack This again and put a check by these. Close ALL windows and browsers except HijackThis and click "Fix checked"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
(1) I'm sorry to hear about Tom Coyote's problems - this site is super good with great detectives such as you! (2) my computer is defintely faster. (3) (got to run now) here's my new hjt file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 6:08:12 PM, on 12/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab
Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D
THANK YOU LD TATE! :) My computer seems to be working much better. I have spybot, adware and avg running and will add the others that you suggested. (1) I also tried to add MCafee Virus Scan and for some reason I can't explain, I can't download it as it keeps giving me error messages on downloading updates. Perhaps this is a problem from me trying to delete the MCafee Security Center a while ago without complete success? (failure to update) (2) My new AVG firewall keeps asking about a file/program called specific mail (found in program files(c: program files\specific mail\spcm.exe) and in HKCU). The webpage for specific mail says there is a special uninstall from their webpage. Do you know what specific mail is? Do I need it? How should I delete it? Again, MUCH THANKS for all your great help. (3) I have no more interest in the "bridge games" I once downloaded. Can I delete the DPF . . . GINBRIDGE file found in my hjt? (4) here's my new hjt file:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:34:27 PM, on 12/12/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\NotifyAlert.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Allan\Desktop\philly\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell4me.com/myway
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = sas.ne2.attbb.net:8000
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.ne2.attbb.net
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelMeM] C:\Program Files\Intel\Modem Event Monitor\IntelMEM.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DwlClient] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\EUSW\Support.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SPCM] C:\Program Files\specificmail\SPCM.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {70B410C0-BADA-11D4-8308-0080C8D7ED4A} (GINBRIDGE Class) - http://66.98.132.156/g_bin/bridge_2_0_0_12.cab

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI