Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Guess What This Is

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LilAzn

LilAzn

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:12 PM

I have no clue what it is lol.. and it is Haltign me from finishing my computer... Itis a poem.. but I dont' know what it is... I'm a riddle in nine syllables, An elephant, a ponderous house, A melon strolling on two tendrils, O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers! This loaf's big with its yeasty rising. Money's new-minted in this fat purse. I'm a means, a stage, a cow in calf. I've eaten a bag of green apples, Boarded the train there's no getting off. Bleh... Lol I am clueless

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 08 December 2004 - 05:39 PM

http://www.poetrylov...sages/5711.html

Edited by Micah_6:8, 08 December 2004 - 05:43 PM.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 LilAzn

LilAzn

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:46 PM

Wow, thank you !!!

#4 desertranger

desertranger

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:.50 cal rifle at 1000yds, Lady Rin (my wife), being a guide and playing Falcon 4.0/FF3

Posted 09 December 2004 - 12:16 AM

I remember that from the Air Force. It's called Metaphors if I remember. I always thought it was alright until 1985 when it stopped having meaning An elephant, a ponderous house, an overbloated government drowing in it's own garbage and waste A melon strolling on two tendrils represents the vines in the field from both sides. Get caught in the tendrils and break your leg. O red fruit, ivory, fine timbers up straight -- The red fruit is the blood of our soldiers, the ivory the rarity of their lives, the timbers are rotting they don't even have armor. We are 28th in math skills and almost dead last in education. Our leaders have failed our future, the children, and those who defend it, our military. This loaf’s big with its yeasty rising -- The over inflated ego of the current administration turned loose in an unending spending spree. I’m a means, a stage, a cow in calf. We quake in our boots paranoid over terrorism pretending to be a well people. The constitution had been destroyed with the patriot act 1/2, declaration of independence is curling from injustice. I’ve eaten of bag of green apples, Those apples are filled with worms, dreams can no longer be fulfilled in America and businesses owned by those who serve fail. Boarded the train, there’s no getting off Crime and gangs in our streets mean we are trapped on the train. That poem has come to have no meaning. Each person in our community of 8000 bought an armored vest, $1500 ea, and sent it to a marine from our community since our govenment can't seem to do so. Our vets are returning horribly wounded and forgotten about; the same as it was in Vietnam. I was/am an American airman, a fighter pilot, highly decorated in defense of my country. It is unfortunate that in spite of defending my country for 15 years that our country is not taking care of us. My disability and pension have been slashed 4 times since I retired. We are a military community here and I speak for the 35 young men and women who will no longer return to their homes; parents, wives and children of our village. The 35 who lost their lives in vain after being lied to by their leaders to fight in a war that is illegal and unjustified in a place we will be in for years. Now ask youself; Where will the soldiers come from in 5 years. It will be your child, serving unwillingly, drafted to a war like so many others in the past.. Since we can't get out of this conflict we should at least suport our troops. I call on every American to sent something to a soldier for the holidays. Call your local Armed Forces recruiter to find out how. I am an American Airman protecting my country. I rule the sky and deliver death from above. I'm going to bed now with my wife to holding me. Living the nightmares of a war 35 years ago. Living the same nightmares of that war today.