This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Trojan Horse Startpage 12 Bj

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

when I run ad-aware it tells me I have a virus trojan horse start page 12 bj as well as trojan horse dialer 13Q. ad-aware does not pick this up. I have also run AVG, housecall, panda, and the trojan scanner. after they done all they could do I restarted but am still having the same problems. also when I re boot on start up spyguard tells me a BHO wants to be added but I have it to remove it insted. It just gets aggervating every time I restart to have this pop up. Is there any thing I can do outside of re-formatting Thank you for your time.
Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
Download HijackThis into this folder.

If required a tutorial is here = Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

Links to Hijack This! v 1.98.2:

http://tools.radiosplace.com/HijackThis.exe
http://spywarewarrior.com/files/HijackThis.exe

Run it from that folder.

Click "Scan".

DO NOT "FIX" ANYTHING WITH IT YET!!!
FIXING THE WRONG THING COULD RENDER YOUR SYSTEM INOPERABLE!!!

Click "Save log".

Reply to this thread, and "copy/paste" the ENTIRE CONTENTS of the log file into this thread.

:)
Here is the logfile. I also posted in hjt forum because I thought it might be spyware I still haven't recieved a reply from anyone there. It has a little more info on what my computer is doing. also #4 above.




Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 7:16:28 PM, on 12/4/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crhr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LMPDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\ISP50\bin\bartshel.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tibs3.exe
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\bin\ppshared.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X125\LEX125SU.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\ISP50\bin\bartshel.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\dialer\DIALER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.HOME-P0XN8QNVLI\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 3 for hijackthis_1.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LMPDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LMPDPSRV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\ISP50\hta\station.sbrt
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tapisys] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tss.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tibs3] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tibs3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [0kxl77.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\0kxl77.exe /k
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [tapisys] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tss.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [0kxl77.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\0kxl77.exe /k
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Lexmark X125 Settings Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\Lexmark X125\LEX125SU.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.awmdabest.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com
O16 - DPF: {0335A685-ED24-4F7B-A08E-3BD15D84E668} - http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/128985-NZIL/PhPSetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {1D0D9077-3798-49BB-9058-393499174D5D} - file://c:\counter.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/EP…l_v1-0-3-12.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1093118623504
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {89D75D39-5531-47BA-9E4F-B346BA9C362C} (CWDL_DownLoadControl Class) - http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://by101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C09CB1FD-ECA9-418D-9F5C-4BEDCB3E3719}: NameServer = 205.171.3.65 205.171.2.65
Please make a PERMANANT folder for Hijack This!

Important: Create a folder on the C: drive called C:HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it HJT.
MOVE HijackThis into this folder.

If required a tutorial is here = Hijackthis Folder Tutorial

CLOSE ALL WINDOWS (even this one) AND PROGRAMS!!!!

Run Hijack This!
Click "Scan".
Then "check" the box to the left of these item(s):

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tapisys] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tss.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [tibs3] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tibs3.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [0kxl77.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\0kxl77.exe /k

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [tapisys] C:\WINDOWS\System32\tss.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [0kxl77.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\0kxl77.exe /k

O16 - DPF: {1D0D9077-3798-49BB-9058-393499174D5D} - file://c:\counter.cab

Check these if you do not know/trust them

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.awmdabest.com

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.windupdates.com

Then click "Fix checked".

Reboot in "safe" mode.

Find and delete:

c:\windows\system32\0kxl77.exe <— file

c:\windows\system32\crhr32.exe <— file

c:\windows\system32\tibs3.exe <— file

c:\windows\system32\tss.exe <— file

Some malware files may be "hidden".
Be sure to show hidden files when looking for these file(s) and/or folder(s).

Reboot in normal mode and "copy/paste" a new log file into this thread. :)
crazywinnings keeps coming back after deletion and I couldnt find tss.exe I did find tss cab file any relation?



Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:06:06 PM, on 12/4/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LMPDPSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\ISP50\bin\bartshel.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X125\LEX125SU.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\bin\ppshared.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\ISP50\bin\bartshel.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\dialer\DIALER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.HOME-P0XN8QNVLI\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 4 for hijackthis_1.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LMPDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LMPDPSRV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\ISP50\hta\station.sbrt
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Lexmark X125 Settings Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\Lexmark X125\LEX125SU.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com
O16 - DPF: {0335A685-ED24-4F7B-A08E-3BD15D84E668} - http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/128985-NZIL/PhPSetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/EP…l_v1-0-3-12.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1093118623504
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {89D75D39-5531-47BA-9E4F-B346BA9C362C} (CWDL_DownLoadControl Class) - http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://by101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C09CB1FD-ECA9-418D-9F5C-4BEDCB3E3719}: NameServer = 205.171.3.65 205.171.2.65
It's OK if you didn't find the files. Sometimes they just "evaporate".

Do this:

on the IE icon on the desktop. Choose "Properties", click the "Security" tab, Click the "Trusted Sites" icon to highlite it, then click on "Sites".

If "*.frame.crazywinnings.com" is in the list, click it to highlite it, then click "Remove".

Let me know how things go.

The rest of the log is good. :thumbup:
when I highlite trusted sites the sites button is grayed out (unable to click it). also when I restarted my computer after being in safe mode another BHO was added and I was asked if I wanted to remove it which I did.

when I highlite trusted sites the sites button is grayed out (unable to click it).

I've seen that once before. Don't know for sure how to fix it.

also when I restarted my computer after being in safe mode another BHO was added and I was asked if I wanted to remove it which I did.


Sounds like you've still got something "undetected" on your machine.

I'd suggest Spybot and Adaware.

Please download and run Spybot-Search&Destroy and Ad-Aware; they are the standard programs for finding and cleaning malware off your system. Here are links to both programs, and instructions for their use.

Get Spybot - Search & Destroy from http://security.kolla.de
(This is the NEW Version 1.3)
Get AdAware SE Personal from http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download
(This is the NEW Build 1.05)

Download and install these programs if you don't already have them. If you do have them, make sure they are UPDATED AND CONFIGURED AS DESCRIBED here:

http://www.cjwd.demon.co.uk/spybot-adaware.html

Reboot after running each program.

Let me know how things go.

If that site is still in your "trusted zone" when finished, I have at least one (or two) more things we can try.
I did as you said and ad-aware found 14 entries all coolwebsearch.
as soon as I deleted them I had a bunch of pop up warnings that BHO's were being added. The sites button at internet properties is still grayed out. Here is a new log just incase you need it. By the way where can one go to find out how to read this log.



Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 9:12:28 PM, on 12/4/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG6\avgserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LMPDPSRV.EXE
C:\Program Files\ISP50\bin\bartshel.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\bin\ppshared.exe
C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X125\LEX125SU.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\ISP50\bin\bartshel.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ISP50\dialer\DIALER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.HOME-P0XN8QNVLI\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 5 for hijackthis_1.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LMPDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\LMPDPSRV.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bart Station] C:\Program Files\ISP50\hta\station.sbrt
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - Startup: SpywareGuard.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Internet Answering Machine.lnk = C:\Program Files\CallWave\IAM.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Lexmark X125 Settings Utility.lnk = C:\Program Files\Lexmark X125\LEX125SU.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - (no file)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.frame.crazywinnings.com
O16 - DPF: {0335A685-ED24-4F7B-A08E-3BD15D84E668} - http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/128985-NZIL/PhPSetup.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {4C39376E-FA9D-4349-BACC-D305C1750EF3} (EPUImageControl Class) - http://tools.ebayimg.com/eps/wl/activex/EP…l_v1-0-3-12.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1093118623504
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {7B297BFD-85E4-4092-B2AF-16A91B2EA103} (WScanCtl Class) - http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/webscan.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {89D75D39-5531-47BA-9E4F-B346BA9C362C} (CWDL_DownLoadControl Class) - http://www.callwave.com/include/cab/CWDL_DownLoad.CAB
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMesse…pDownloader.cab
O16 - DPF: {F04A8AE2-A59D-11D2-8792-00C04F8EF29D} (Hotmail Attachments Control) - http://by101fd.bay101.hotmail.msn.com/activex/HMAtchmt.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{C09CB1FD-ECA9-418D-9F5C-4BEDCB3E3719}: NameServer = 205.171.3.65 205.171.2.65

I had a bunch of pop up warnings that BHO's were being added


LOL.. I guess you'll have to let it happen to find out what they are so we can get rid of what is causing them.

Download: Registry Search Tool (RegSrch.zip) [freeware]
http://billsway.com/vbspage/

Open the Registry Search tool (RegSrch.vbs) and enter: crazywinnings and post the contents found. If your antivirus pops up (like mine did), tell it to allow this script to run.
when those popups come up they do show me the location of the file but some are in those files that windows needs to run you know protected files. I dont want to delete the whole file and mess something up. here is the results of that scan so how can I learn how to read hjt logs? REGEDIT4 ; RegSrch.vbs © Bill James ; Registry search results for string "crazywinnings" 12/4/2004 9:28:22 PM ; NOTE: This file will be deleted when you close WordPad. ; You must manually save this file to a new location if you want to refer to it again later. ; (If you save the file with a .reg extension, you can use it to restore any Registry changes you make to these values.) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\frame.crazywinnings.com] [HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-507921405-789336058-1343024091-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\frame.crazywinnings.com]
Since I'm not any where close to a registry "expert", I am checking to be sure it's safe to remove those keys.

I will let you know when I find out.

I'd rather be safe, than mess up your machine.

when those popups come up they do show me the location of the file but some are in those files that windows needs to run you know protected files

Can you post the file names?

so how can I learn how to read hjt logs?


There's a thread in the "Open" forum where you can apply to be admitted to the classroom. "Reading logs" is an ongoing process, not "learned in a day", and is constantly changing as new malware arrives.
I will post the names and get as much info for you as I can after I get home from work ok I am running late now so I have to run. thanks again for your time.
Sorry It has taken me so long to get back to ya but I have been running low on time. Anyway here is what I get and in what order.

Start computer, log in, start ad-aware, a pop-up window appears.

(I will be as detailed as I can on the first one and the others are the same except virus name and file location, so that is all I will give for them). as the window appears.

#1

Title bar: AVG resident shield
X virus
virus identified Java/Byteverify

is found in file
C:\docume~1\…\temp\AAWTMP\C206867\IE56DF\get
access.class

To remove this virus, please run AVG for windows
the OK button


#2
virus trojan horse dialer.13.Q
found in temp\aawtmp\c206867\239207\explorer.exe

so then I reboot after cleaning up with ad-aware, log in, run AVG
AVG tells me no virus infection
run S&D, shows me DSO exploit 5 entries (always there)
click to fix problems, reboot.
I did it all again and the virus warning pop up was about the same but the file path was a bit different.

virus: Java/byteverify
found in: …temp\AAWTMP\c19561958\362B6A\Insecure classloader.class

virus: Java/byteverify
found in: …temp\AAWTMP\c19561958\362B6A\Installer.class

virus: Trojan horse dialer.13.Q
found in …temp\AAWTMP\619561958\B792D\explorer.exe

does this give you any help about what is going on?
I will be on the net for a while.
Thankyou

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI