jpjcs
Topic Starter
Does anyone have ideas or suggestions to remove these problems. I had not done the Windows XP SP2 update, and I definitely got hit! My browser (IE) continues to get hi-jacked to multiple sites, many of which are not so pretty!
The following have all been identified as problems on my system (using Windows XP) within the past week:
CoolWebSearch
CWS-AboutBlank
CWS sp.html hijack
Alexa Toolbar
Dss Agent
Securybanks Phishing Trojan
Smart Tags
TIBS Dialer
Pxhping.exe
Mqbckup.exe
img[1].htm
in_s[1].class
Dummy[1].class
ok[1].class
hdr.dll
sp.html
mindep.dll - This one McAfee finds, can’t delete, and states that the “clean failed because the file isn’t cleanable”
The above list has been found multiple times by one or more of the following:
McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 7.0 using the Nov 24 definitions
SpySweeper (Current Version) and definitions 419 (current)
AdAware (Current)
I have also ran “delcwssk” (CWS Smartkiller Removal Tool) followed by CWSweeper.
Before running the programs above I have turned the System Restore off and opened Windows in Safe Mode. The programs above find, and in most cases delete, these files. Unfortunately, every time I reboot they reappear! The SpySweeper website even admits that they currently don’t have a solution for CWS.
Yesterday I updated Windows XP SP2 (I thought I had already done this, but found out I had not) and now have everything current.
When reading something from your website I saw where an advisor wanted to see an “infected” log, so I did NOT run any of the above programs AFTER installing SP2, so the viruses are still active.
I can definitely use the help, and would appreciate advise! Below is the current HijackThis log. Thanks in advance for any help.
JS
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:32:28 PM, on 11/28/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETWOR~1\COMMON~1\naPrdMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9EA.EXE
C:\windows\vcpdll.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Download\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://education.dellnet.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://education.dellnet.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\realbar.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msacmx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\realbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell|Alert] C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Startup Options] C:\Program Files\Iomega\Common\ImgStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9EA.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX6600"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cmsound] c:\windows\vcpdll.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - Startup: Epson all-in-one Registration.lnk = D:\Titles\EpsonReg\EPSONREG.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7900.7741898148
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
The following have all been identified as problems on my system (using Windows XP) within the past week:
CoolWebSearch
CWS-AboutBlank
CWS sp.html hijack
Alexa Toolbar
Dss Agent
Securybanks Phishing Trojan
Smart Tags
TIBS Dialer
Pxhping.exe
Mqbckup.exe
img[1].htm
in_s[1].class
Dummy[1].class
ok[1].class
hdr.dll
sp.html
mindep.dll - This one McAfee finds, can’t delete, and states that the “clean failed because the file isn’t cleanable”
The above list has been found multiple times by one or more of the following:
McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 7.0 using the Nov 24 definitions
SpySweeper (Current Version) and definitions 419 (current)
AdAware (Current)
I have also ran “delcwssk” (CWS Smartkiller Removal Tool) followed by CWSweeper.
Before running the programs above I have turned the System Restore off and opened Windows in Safe Mode. The programs above find, and in most cases delete, these files. Unfortunately, every time I reboot they reappear! The SpySweeper website even admits that they currently don’t have a solution for CWS.
Yesterday I updated Windows XP SP2 (I thought I had already done this, but found out I had not) and now have everything current.
When reading something from your website I saw where an advisor wanted to see an “infected” log, so I did NOT run any of the above programs AFTER installing SP2, so the viruses are still active.
I can definitely use the help, and would appreciate advise! Below is the current HijackThis log. Thanks in advance for any help.
JS
Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 4:32:28 PM, on 11/28/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NETWOR~1\COMMON~1\naPrdMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdtc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9EA.EXE
C:\windows\vcpdll.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\1033\msoffice.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Download\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SEENUS/SAOS01
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://education.dellnet.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://education.dellnet.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\realbar.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msacmx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyviewer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: REALBAR - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-C0FF-FD60B590A87D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Real\Toolbar\realbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AHQInit] C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\Program\AHQInit.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell|Alert] C:\Program Files\Dell\Support\Alert\bin\DAMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Startup Options] C:\Program Files\Iomega\Common\ImgStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9EA.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX6600"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\Money Express.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cmsound] c:\windows\vcpdll.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NVMCTRAY.DLL,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - Startup: Epson all-in-one Registration.lnk = D:\Titles\EpsonReg\EPSONREG.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B} (QuickTime Object) - http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab
O16 - DPF: {166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000} (Shockwave ActiveX Control) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7900.7741898148
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab