Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Should I Keep It

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

#31 day2day

day2day

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Who's got time for interests? Seriously though, my relationship with Jesus Christ is first and foremost, then my dogs and computering around. Can you believe I've had one of these things since when 64K was BIG system memory? HA. I connected at 300bps and you think you're dial-up is slow now? Yeah, that long and I still don't know what I'm doing.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:33 PM

Well, IE is almost useless to me. If I click on a link that opens another window (for any reason) it just opens up and that's it. I have to manually put in any links that would be there for it to become active. If it's a JavaScript command, such as one of the online scanning services, then I'm out of luck. Other than that, I have a really slow startup of Windows and most any program. I think that could be mostly a memory issue that I hope will be resolved in a couple of days. I really think that's all. I had just posted about installing Norton Internet Security Suite 2005 which I had just purchased, then dgosling said they were referring me back to you. Now, here I am. I guess that's all. Jim

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 day2day

day2day

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Who's got time for interests? Seriously though, my relationship with Jesus Christ is first and foremost, then my dogs and computering around. Can you believe I've had one of these things since when 64K was BIG system memory? HA. I connected at 300bps and you think you're dial-up is slow now? Yeah, that long and I still don't know what I'm doing.

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:35 PM

Oh yeah, I may have that about:blank virus thing or whatever. Whenever I open up IE, it starts out with that. I can use the browser, but it always opens with that. Jim

#33 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:47 PM

This program wasn't installed when I first started helping you:

O2 - BHO: IE PopUp-Killer ; Neikeisoft - {49E0E0F0-5C30-11D4-945D-000000000003} - C:\PROGRA~1\Ashampoo\ASHAMP~1\PopUp.dll

Have you tried temporarily disabling that program, and trying the "links"?

I have "Pop-up Stopper Free", and sometimes I have to hold the <Ctrl> key down before clicking a link to get it to "open up". There may be a similar key you will have to hold down when using that software.

About your "home page", try this.

At the top of your IE page, Clink on "Tools", then click "Internet Options", then put whatever you want as your "Home page" in the "Home Page" box.

I have this in mine:

http://tomcoyote.org/

Post back and let me know how these suggestions work out.
:)

Edited by Micah_6:8, 27 November 2004 - 06:48 PM.

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#34 dgosling

dgosling

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:47 PM

looks like Micah_6:8 did a great job cleaning you up! Am so glad we could help you. Installing Norton is a good idea, however you must keep it up-to-date with Virus Definitions which are usually weekly updates. I don't know if you received a free year of updates with your purchase , but you will need the updates. You may prefer to go with a free Antivirus with free updates there are two of thos available:

AVG Free AntiVirus

Avast anti virus free
Avast Free AntiVirus

The main thing about a Firewall and Antivirus is to 1) have them installed on your computer and 2) keep them up to date. This is vital if you are using the internet. Norton is a good program as well, most of the main ones are good. You will be well protected with either choice.

I think you may benefit from reading the article
"How Did I Get Infected In The First
Place"
linked at the bottom of each of my posts, for
information on how to secure your PC from
spyware/adware/malware.There are several small free programs
mentioned there that help with securing your PC against this type of
problem.
Posted Image

#35 day2day

day2day

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah, Micah 6:8 did do a great job and was patient in helping me get rid of my MANY problems that were plaguing me. I'm not really interested in how MSIE is working as I don't really care to use it unless for some reason I just have to. Thanks again for the help. Hopefully I won't be back too soon, unless just to visit and see what's going on in this crazy world. Take care and God bless each of you. Jim

#36 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:45 PM