Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

'parasites' Stealing Commisions....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ruffnredy

ruffnredy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 01:13 AM

I hope I'm in the right forum. My wife is involved in putting up websites based on the affiliate marketing program. A lot of the people involved in this are certain that "parasites" are "parking" on their sites during peak traffic times and redirecting sale hits in order to steal commisions. The companies don't seem too concerned since to them a sale is made. They don't care who gets the commission. And the people like my wife aren't big players. No one seems to even know how it is being done. Any ideas on something to look for? Any ideas at all?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware hound

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Interests:++

Posted 26 December 2003 - 08:29 AM

The best bet is probably to run a set of security scans, starting with Spybot and/or AdAware (in my sig) and then run HijackThis to copy/post the log here for experts to check out. They would have to install some kind of hijacker software on her machine for this to happen and it can be disabled if we can find it.