tryinghard
Topic Starter
I am helping a friend who is less computer savvy than I am, and is on dial-up. I have her computer on my high speed (DSL) connection to speed things up.
I have scanned with Norton, Stinger, Spybot S&D, CWShredder and Earthlink's spyblocker scanners and removed everything they found (which was a lot). I have added Zonealarm and it has "trapped" some programs from getting to the internet that I think are part of the bad actors on this computer. I have manually removed all redirected websites from the Favorites List.
I have done all this only in the main account. There is a second admin privleged (OK so I can't spell) account and I have only done virus scanning there.
Redirects are still happening but I haven't seen about:blank in a while. Looking at msconfig to see what is in startup, it appears there are at least 5 very suspicious programs. I also have not seen the compuserve dial up screen today (where something was trying to phone home). I just really don't think I have found everything but things are MUCH better than they were.
I am attaching the hijackthis log and thank you in advance for your help in rooting out ALL the pests. BTW may the programmers who write this stuff suffer all the ills they are spreading.
******************************************************************
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:52:57 PM, on 11/18/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\advapi32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\X2doaXFH.exe
C:\windows\temp\phKxU9.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\Spyware Blocker\SpywareBlocker.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\eber.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\TaskPanl.exe
C:\CompuServe 2000c\cstray.exe
C:\Program Files\quickenw\QWDLLS.EXE
C:\SLIDESHW\Snsicon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://start.earthlink.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie…ton/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://start.earthlink.net/AL/Search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.earthlink.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us3.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://start.earthlink.net/AL/Search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497}_ - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: SrchHook Class - {44F9B173-041C-4825-A9B9-D914BD9DCBB3} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\elnIE.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - ~20EC3D2D-33C1-4C9D-BC37-C2D500688DA2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {33FD330B-BD12-20BC-8203-64550DF32944} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\yuwy.dll
O2 - BHO: EarthLink Popup Blocker - {4B5F2E08-6F39-479a-B547-B2026E4C7EDF} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\PnEL.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Search Help - {E8EAEB34-F7B5-4C55-87FF-720FAF53D841} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\f.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: EarthLink Toolbar - {D7F30B62-8269-41AF-9539-B2697FA7D77E} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\PnEL.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPGamesActiveMenu] C:\Program Files\WildTangent\ActiveMenu\HP\Games\ActiveMenu.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [98c65c833876] C:\WINDOWS\System32\advapi32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2P6WFAX43ZHE7C] C:\WINDOWS\System32\WmvDwc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [X2doaXFH] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\X2doaXFH.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [phKxU9] C:\windows\temp\phKxU9.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISAKX] C:\WINDOWS\ISAKX.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GQIWDOYGT] C:\WINDOWS\GQIWDOYGT.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Zjh] C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\Spyware Blocker\SpywareBlocker.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Notn] C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\eber.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E6TaskPanel] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\TaskPanl.exe" -winstart
O4 - Startup: Snsicon.lnk = C:\SLIDESHW\Snsicon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\quickenw\BILLMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: CompuServe Tray Icon.lnk = C:\CompuServe 2000c\cstray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\quickenw\QWDLLS.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .au: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {50F65670-1729-11D2-A51F-0020AFE5D502} (ForumChat) - http://objects.compuserve.com/chat/RTCChat.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
I have scanned with Norton, Stinger, Spybot S&D, CWShredder and Earthlink's spyblocker scanners and removed everything they found (which was a lot). I have added Zonealarm and it has "trapped" some programs from getting to the internet that I think are part of the bad actors on this computer. I have manually removed all redirected websites from the Favorites List.
I have done all this only in the main account. There is a second admin privleged (OK so I can't spell) account and I have only done virus scanning there.
Redirects are still happening but I haven't seen about:blank in a while. Looking at msconfig to see what is in startup, it appears there are at least 5 very suspicious programs. I also have not seen the compuserve dial up screen today (where something was trying to phone home). I just really don't think I have found everything but things are MUCH better than they were.
I am attaching the hijackthis log and thank you in advance for your help in rooting out ALL the pests. BTW may the programmers who write this stuff suffer all the ills they are spreading.
******************************************************************
Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 5:52:57 PM, on 11/18/2004
Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\advapi32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\X2doaXFH.exe
C:\windows\temp\phKxU9.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\Spyware Blocker\SpywareBlocker.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\eber.exe
C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\TaskPanl.exe
C:\CompuServe 2000c\cstray.exe
C:\Program Files\quickenw\QWDLLS.EXE
C:\SLIDESHW\Snsicon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\PackethSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://start.earthlink.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://www.earthlink.net/partner/more/msie…ton/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://start.earthlink.net/AL/Search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.earthlink.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://us3.hpwis.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:NavigationFailure
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = about:NavigationFailure
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://start.earthlink.net/AL/Search
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = about:blank
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497}_ - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: SrchHook Class - {44F9B173-041C-4825-A9B9-D914BD9DCBB3} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\elnIE.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - ~20EC3D2D-33C1-4C9D-BC37-C2D500688DA2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {33FD330B-BD12-20BC-8203-64550DF32944} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\yuwy.dll
O2 - BHO: EarthLink Popup Blocker - {4B5F2E08-6F39-479a-B547-B2026E4C7EDF} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\PnEL.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Search Help - {E8EAEB34-F7B5-4C55-87FF-720FAF53D841} - C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\f.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: EarthLink Toolbar - {D7F30B62-8269-41AF-9539-B2697FA7D77E} - C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\PnEL.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPDJ Taskbar Utility] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb03.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPGamesActiveMenu] C:\Program Files\WildTangent\ActiveMenu\HP\Games\ActiveMenu.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [98c65c833876] C:\WINDOWS\System32\advapi32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [2P6WFAX43ZHE7C] C:\WINDOWS\System32\WmvDwc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [X2doaXFH] C:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp\X2doaXFH.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [phKxU9] C:\windows\temp\phKxU9.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISAKX] C:\WINDOWS\ISAKX.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GQIWDOYGT] C:\WINDOWS\GQIWDOYGT.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Zjh] C:\WINDOWS\System32\w?nspool.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\Spyware Blocker\SpywareBlocker.exe" /0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Notn] C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\eber.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [E6TaskPanel] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink TotalAccess\TaskPanl.exe" -winstart
O4 - Startup: Snsicon.lnk = C:\SLIDESHW\Snsicon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Billminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\quickenw\BILLMIND.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: CompuServe Tray Icon.lnk = C:\CompuServe 2000c\cstray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Quicken Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\quickenw\QWDLLS.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .au: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin.dll
O16 - DPF: {50F65670-1729-11D2-A51F-0020AFE5D502} (ForumChat) - http://objects.compuserve.com/chat/RTCChat.cab
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab