It seems to be running great. What is the best way to make sure this doesn't happen again? Also, can I send the zipped folders of programs I had to download to fix this that I extracted the contents out of to the recycle bin and then empty the recycle bin? Is there anything I need to reset since fixing this mess like system restore settings, etc.?
Thanks so much for all your help!
You Rock!
You're welcome - glad to help Delete any of the zip files if you don't want them.
To help keep you clean follow the recommendations in Tony's article here:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link (Click for address)
The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI