This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

I Am Being Hacked - - - - Need Help Desperately

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I posted a message waaaaaaaay back earlier today and have had no response, however I did not state the I was being hacked in the subject. I need help ASAP. Please review the attached log and advise ASAP. I am helpless, and have had to block the IE completely because they are using that, also have tried using AOL try icon. They have already damaged my computer on several previous occasions. Using XP Pro, "D" drive. The "C" drive is not used for the Internet.

I have Zone Alarm Pro, NAV 2004, Pest Patrol, Spybot, Spy Blaster, Ad-aware, and do Trend Housecall. Pest Patrol has come up with back-door trojans (some of them key-stroke loggers, etc.), but none of the others has caught anything except spyware which is ad-aware related for the most part.

PLEASE REVIEW THE LOG AS ASAP AND ADVISE AS TO ANY ACTION I CAN TAKE TO CLEAN THE PROBLEMS I AM HAVING:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:59:33 AM, on 10/7/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
D:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\VISION~1\ONETOU~2.EXE
D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
D:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Documents and Settings\Patsy\Desktop\hijackthis.exe
D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage", "www.yahoo.com"); (D:\Documents and Settings\Patsy\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\l30rl9oe.slt\prefs.js)
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://D%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (D:\Documents and Settings\Patsy\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\l30rl9oe.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Companion BHO - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - D:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - D:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - D:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Yahoo! Companion - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\ycomp5_3_12_0.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - D:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] D:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "D:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Control Center] D:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] D:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CookiePatrol] D:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\CookiePatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] D:\PROGRA~1\VISION~1\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SSC_UserPrompt] D:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\UsrPrmpt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "D:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PPWebCap] D:\PROGRA~1\ScanSoft\PAPERP~1\PPWebCap.exe
O4 - Startup: Check for OneTouch Updates.lnk = D:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\WiseUpdt.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 8.0 Tray Icon.lnk = D:\Program Files\America Online 8.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://D:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Check &Spelling - res://D:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://D:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://D:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://D:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://D:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Dictionary - file:///D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! Search - file:///D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://D:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://D:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://D:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://D:\Program Files\ieSpell\iespell.dll/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0411.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - D:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0411.dll
O9 - Extra button: ComcastHSI - {669B269B-0D4E-41FB-A3D8-FD67CA94F646} - http://www.comcast.net/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Support - {8828075D-D097-4055-AA02-2DBFA9D85E8A} - http://www.comcastsupport.com/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Help - {97809617-3937-4F84-B335-9BB05EF1A8D4} - http://online.comcast.net/help/ (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - D:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - D:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O16 - DPF: {41F17733-B041-4099-A042-B518BB6A408C} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/200305…meInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {62475759-9E84-458E-A1AB-5D2C442ADFDE} - http://a1540.g.akamai.net/7/1540/52/200305…meInstaller.exe
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2004061…all/xscan53.cab
O16 - DPF: {9732FB42-C321-11D1-836F-00A0C993F125} (mhLabel Class) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/mhLbl.cab
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {A3009861-330C-4E10-822B-39D16EC8829D} (CRAVOnline Object) - http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ravonline.cab
O16 - DPF: {E77C0D62-882A-456F-AD8F-7C6C9569B8C7} (ActiveDataObj Class) - https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/ac…/ActiveData.cab

I AM DESPERATE, NEED HELP ASAP. PLEASE.
Welcome to the forum.
You must move HJT into its own folder, suggest:
D:\Documents and Settings\Patsy\Desktop\MYHJT\hijackthis.exe

Then with it only running fix these:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com

This is all I see right now, let me know MrC
Mr. Charlie: I currently have the HJT by itself (the icon for the program). It is on the desktop. Is this where it can remain while I try to get rid of what you have designated? Please respond ASAP, and thank you so much for your help.
NO! Right click on a blank space on the desktop, choose new, folder, name it MYHJT, enter.
Now right click and hold on the HJT.exe and drag it to the new folder you just made, release and choose move here.
MrC
Thank you so much, Mr. C. I have moved the HJT file as you specified, and will try to get started ASAP on the removal process. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. I hope this will solve the hacking problems. I am very afraid to open the IE except for the update patches. Will let you know if this solves the current dilemma.
Mr. C: I think the IE browser problems have been solved, although I will not be using it if at all possible other than for downloading patches. The problem with the AOL, is that there must be something they have placed in the registry which is not removable. They are still able to get into the computer through that means, somehow. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE FOLLOWING QUESTION: If I want to run "Hi-Jack This" again, how do I do this since it is now in a separate file? Can I remove it from this file and run it again? PLEASE ANSWER ASAP, AND PERHAPS I CAN SEE IF ANYTHING NEW HAS BEEN ADDED. THANK YOUFOR ALL OF YOUR HELP. IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. If this is too old, you may not see it (??). In which case I will try posting as a new message.
I get notified (most of the time) of all the responses to my threads, so don't start a new one - that one I may not see.

If I want to run "Hi-Jack This" again, how do I do this since it is now in a separate file? Can I remove it from this file and run it again?


Just go to the folder that Hijack This.exe is in, (you created one and placed Hijack This.exe in there), double click on the Hijack This.exe, hit the scan button, save log, a box will come up, click save, another box will come up, say yes, then there's the log. Copy and paste it into the post.

The problem with the AOL, is that there must be something they have placed in the registry which is not removable. They are still able to get into the computer through that means, somehow.


I don't know what this means.
If you post a HJT log we can see if there's anything.

You said you have AdAware and Spybot, update and run them.

Anytime you uninstall a program, there's always some 'junk' left-over in the registry.

The only way to clean them up is with a registry cleaner.

I can give you info on that if you would like. MrC
Thank you for the rapid response, Mr. C! You have helped me SO much and I do appreciate it more than words can convey. Thank you for the instructions on how to use the HJT again - - - - I did not know how to do this and you were very precise with the instructions. Your help is invaluable. I have already uninstalled all of the AOL programs except the AIM which apparently is okay. These programs were all on my "D" drive (XP Pro). I will try doing another scan on the D drive (XP Pro) soon, to see if there is any differences showing up again. Because of the following events I wanted to download HJT and check the 98SE drive ©, however I was unable to do this. Here is the story on this one. I intended to update the free AV scanner on this drive, when I suddenly began to receive warnings from the free Zone Alarm that two programs related to "updates" were attempting to access the Internet which is what put the "red flags" up on the 98SE. I blocked all access and checked everything out as well as I could. The free Zone does not provide as much information as the ZAP however it did provide enough for me to see that these prompts WERE NOT from Microsoft! I then wanted to check my "C" drive (OS - - - 98SE) although I seldom use it to access the Net unless it is to check for "updates" to MS or other programs, however when I attempted to DL and install HJT from the web site, I could not get it to open from the desk top, using a zip program I have on that drive. So I copied the program DL from a CD that I have my DL's on (from the D drive), and tried that and here is the message I received: "A required .DLL file MSVBVM60.DLL was not found and the program would not open", so it is not possible for me to check the other drive. I KNOW the hackers are attempting to get into the C (98SE) drive as I had 2 alerts from the "free" Zone Alarm and when I checked everything out it showed the same IP numbers (and various port numbers) which were relevant to the hacking problems I had with the XP Pro drive. The IP numbers (2 separate ones, indicate the same company which purports itself as NOT being an ISP. If you know why where I can get the DLL file which is lacking for the DL to the 98SE drive please send it to me. Thank you again for your assistance. I understand the reason not to start a new dicussion on an "older" posting and am glad that I stayed with the original mesage hoping you would be notified.

"A required .DLL file MSVBVM60.DLL was not found and the program would not open", so it is not possible for me to check the other drive.



Download and run this file, it will fix the problem (just double click on it)
ThisFile

I intended to update the free AV scanner on this drive, when
I suddenly began to receive warnings from the free Zone Alarm that two programs related to "updates" were attempting to access the Internet which is what put the "red flags" up on the 98SE. I blocked all access and checked everything out as well as I could. The free Zone does not provide as much information as the ZAP however it did provide enough for me to see that these prompts WERE NOT from Microsoft!


Sounds like ZA blocked the AV program from accessing the internet, it did its job.
Next time just allow it. I have ZA and it always does that, but you can always see what program is trying to get to the web, it's posted right at the top of the alert, if it's not one you recognize then you stop it.
Many programs have an automatic update feature, some you can disable.
ZA has one, I keep it disabled though.

Here's a direct download of the HJT.exe - needs no unzipping.
http://tools.radiosplace.com/HijackThis.exe

I think I covered it all, if I didn't let me know, MrC
Thank you so much for the help, Mr. C!

I did a scan on the other drive, but forgot to make a folder, however I did put it on a floppy, and can copy it from there to the forum.

This is in the Win98SE program.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:39:25 PM, on 10/10/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGSERV9.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\VISIONEER ONETOUCH\ONETOUCHMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\EASY CD CREATOR 4\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE
C:\COREL\OFFICE7\DAD7\QUICK.EXE
C:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\PFIT7\PFPPOP70.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OSA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\MSOFFICE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{688609F7-B172-4207-9A75-E520ED7D5612}\RP587\A0141139.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\TOOLBAND.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] C:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\QFINDER7\QFSCHED.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~1\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CreateCD] C:\PROGRA~1\ADAPTEC\EASYCD~1\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE -r
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Avgserv9.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PPWebCap] C:\PROGRA~1\SCANSOFT\PAPERP~1\PPWebCap.exe
O4 - Startup: Corel Desktop Application Director.LNK = C:\Corel\Office7\Dad7\QUICK.EXE
O4 - Startup: PerfectPrint.LNK = C:\Corel\Office7\Shared\PFit7\PFPPOP70.EXE
O4 - Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Startup: Check for OneTouch Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\WiseUpdt.exe
O4 - Startup: America Online Tray Icon.lnk = C:\System Volume Information\_restore{688609F7-B172-4207-9A75-E520ED7D5612}\RP587\A0141139.EXE
O4 - Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\pmremind.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Check Spelling - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O9 - Extra button: PhoenixNet - {d22e7b20-3cf3-11d7-9aa4-dabceabec167} - http://www.seqdl.com/servlets/Redir?BID=65457&CID=9875 (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O14 - IERESET.INF: SEARCH_PAGE_URL=
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003050…all/xscan53.cab


******************************************************
The issue with the Zone Warnings is that the prompts on these were not coming from MS but from another IP name and number and have never had these before EVER. I checked out everything and it is the same address I had received "alerts" on before, on the XP Pro, so I have blocked these two programs for now.

These were the two programs which were attempting to access the computer, each one from a different IP address (same company referenced in Arin however) and different ports. That is the reason I am very leery of allowing them. I clicked on the "updates" and am up to date on everything right now, and did not need these programs to access. They were listed as:

WULOADER.EXE

and

WUCRTUPD.EXE

Thank you again for your invaluable assistance, Mr. Charlie!! Very, very much appreciated!!
Mr. C:

I am posting this twice, because apparently something changed in one of the files and I want to be sure that what I am submitting is comlete. I may have to delete the program and redownload it again.

I am a REAL dunce. My apologies. Here is the 2nd copy of the log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 3:39:25 PM, on 10/10/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGSERV9.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\VISIONEER ONETOUCH\ONETOUCHMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\EASY CD CREATOR 4\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE
C:\COREL\OFFICE7\DAD7\QUICK.EXE
C:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\PFIT7\PFPPOP70.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OSA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\MSOFFICE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{688609F7-B172-4207-9A75-E520ED7D5612}\RP587\A0141139.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\TOOLBAND.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] C:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\QFINDER7\QFSCHED.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~1\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CreateCD] C:\PROGRA~1\ADAPTEC\EASYCD~1\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE -r
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Avgserv9.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PPWebCap] C:\PROGRA~1\SCANSOFT\PAPERP~1\PPWebCap.exe
O4 - Startup: Corel Desktop Application Director.LNK = C:\Corel\Office7\Dad7\QUICK.EXE
O4 - Startup: PerfectPrint.LNK = C:\Corel\Office7\Shared\PFit7\PFPPOP70.EXE
O4 - Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Startup: Check for OneTouch Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\WiseUpdt.exe
O4 - Startup: America Online Tray Icon.lnk = C:\System Volume Information\_restore{688609F7-B172-4207-9A75-E520ED7D5612}\RP587\A0141139.EXE
O4 - Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\pmremind.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Check Spelling - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O9 - Extra button: PhoenixNet - {d22e7b20-3cf3-11d7-9aa4-dabceabec167} - http://www.seqdl.com/servlets/Redir?BID=65457&CID=9875 (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O14 - IERESET.INF: SEARCH_PAGE_URL=
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003050…all/xscan53.cab
THIS IS THE FINAL SCAN…. I had to redownload the program and followed your first instructions to the letter and saved the log in the file I created. Please ignore the other two scans as they may not be accurate. I don't know because I can't seem to delete the first download as it keeps saying it is "running".

If you can help me with this I would appreciate it:

Here is the FINAL, last log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 4:19:41 PM, on 10/10/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\VISIONEER ONETOUCH\ONETOUCHMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG6\AVGCC32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADAPTEC\EASY CD CREATOR 4\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE
C:\COREL\OFFICE7\DAD7\QUICK.EXE
C:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\PFIT7\PFPPOP70.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OSA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\MSOFFICE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\FINDFAST.EXE
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{688609F7-B172-4207-9A75-E520ED7D5612}\RP587\A0141139.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MOZILLA FIREFOX\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\HIJACKTHIS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\MYHJT\HIJACKTHIS-1.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = c:\windows\system32\blank.htm
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\TOOLBAND.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CriticalUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wucrtupd.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickFinder Scheduler] C:\COREL\OFFICE7\SHARED\QFINDER7\QFSCHED.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OneTouch Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\VISION~1\ONETOU~2.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\avgcc32.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WINAMP\WINAMPa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CreateCD] C:\PROGRA~1\ADAPTEC\EASYCD~1\CREATECD\CREATECD.EXE -r
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Avgserv9.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG6\Avgserv9.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PPWebCap] C:\PROGRA~1\SCANSOFT\PAPERP~1\PPWebCap.exe
O4 - Startup: Corel Desktop Application Director.LNK = C:\Corel\Office7\Dad7\QUICK.EXE
O4 - Startup: PerfectPrint.LNK = C:\Corel\Office7\Shared\PFit7\PFPPOP70.EXE
O4 - Startup: Office Startup.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office Shortcut Bar.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOFFICE.EXE
O4 - Startup: Microsoft Find Fast.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\FINDFAST.EXE
O4 - Startup: Check for OneTouch Updates.lnk = C:\Program Files\Visioneer OneTouch\WiseUpdt.exe
O4 - Startup: America Online Tray Icon.lnk = C:\System Volume Information\_restore{688609F7-B172-4207-9A75-E520ED7D5612}\RP587\A0141139.EXE
O4 - Startup: Event Reminder.lnk = C:\Program Files\Broderbund\PrintMaster\pmremind.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Check Spelling - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: &ieSpell Options - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\CANON\EASY-WEBPRINT\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O9 - Extra button: PhoenixNet - {d22e7b20-3cf3-11d7-9aa4-dabceabec167} - http://www.seqdl.com/servlets/Redir?BID=65457&CID=9875 (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\AIM95\AIM.EXE
O9 - Extra button: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell - {0E17D5B7-9F5D-4fee-9DF6-CA6EE38B68A8} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLCHECK.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ieSpell Options - {1606D6F9-9D3B-4aea-A025-ED5B2FD488E7} - res://C:\PROGRAM FILES\IESPELL\IESPELL.DLL/SPELLOPTION.HTM (file missing)
O14 - IERESET.INF: SEARCH_PAGE_URL=
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=
O16 - DPF: {74D05D43-3236-11D4-BDCD-00C04F9A3B61} (HouseCall Control) - http://a840.g.akamai.net/7/840/537/2003050…all/xscan53.cab

******************************************************
Mr. C: I managed to find out how to stop the program from running and got it deleted, so will not have to bother you with help on that one. I have not used Win98SE for such a long time it is difficult for me to recall exactly how it functions. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGIES FOR THE REDUNDANCY OF THE MESSAGES THIS AFTERNOON.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI