Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

...gator..., Maybe Nothing ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#31 ward

ward

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:45 AM

Ran SSS on all accounts, AVG now finds no virusses. Only problem now is : IE hangs for about 3 minutes on first use after startup. So does Outlook. Then suddenly both resume at the same time. Probably not really something for this forum though.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#32 Daemon

Daemon

Retired Staff-Malware Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

Do this. Click here to make sure that you have the latest Critical Update patches for Windows. It's very important to keep your system up to date to avoid unnecessary security risks.

Let me know if the problem still occurs.

#33 ward

ward

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:44 PM

Updated win2k, did it only one week ago, 1 "critical update". Delay in IE remains. Probably some damaged dll ? Just saw that audio volume control pictogram was missing and reappeared exactly when IE came back to life. Once started everything seems to work fine anyhow. No big thing as far as I'm concerned. Maybe self-repairing as time goes by ? Would like to ask again : any sense to apply to classes ?

#34 Daemon

Daemon

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:52 PM

The classroom is targeted at training people who want to assist in the forums. In the process you will become skilled in resolving your own issues. By all means apply if this appeals to you.

#35 ward

ward

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:02 PM

Thanks a lot for your support. I do admire you all for what you're doing, and I sure would like to join in. The only issue is : I'm not at all trained in computer stuff, all I've learned has been "in the field", trial and error so to speak.

#36 Daemon

Daemon

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:24 PM

That doesn't matter. The willingness to help is the main thing - we will give you what you need to confidently help other victims.

Have a look here:

http://forums.tomcoy...?showtopic=1421

#37 ward

ward

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 01:51 PM

!!! Saw somewhere in the forum that there was a 1.3 version of Spybot. Downloaded it and found one single item : Alexa related file \WINNT\web\RELATED.htm It is on both HD and can't be removed no matter which user or from which HD I boot. Should I try to rename it with Winfile ?

#38 ward

ward

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 10:07 AM

Just gave it a try. Winfile does find it, and manages to change the name. Only change is that I seem to be using about 10 Mb less of memory. Ok then ?

#39 Daemon

Daemon

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:14 AM

Do you still require assistance or should I close this topic?

#40 ward

ward

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:01 AM

Think it's ok for now. Thanks for your assistance.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#41 Daemon

Daemon

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 11:11 AM

Glad we could help :D

As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)

The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.