This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

a² Anti-Trojan (freeware)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Now that it's out of beta……..—>a² free………….freeware Anti-Trojan scanner……………."At the moment, a² is able to recognize more than 19.000 different malware programs (trojans, backdoors, hacktools, batch viruses and trojans, internet worms, irc worms, java scripts, webserver scripts, vbs scripts, virus construction kits, denial of service tools (DoS), distributed denial of service tools (DDoS), flooder, keylogger, nuker, sniffer and unix viruses)."
……….. tested with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003.

context menu scan (right-click) & process memory scanning now added………
…15522 signatures as of today.
Some may remember the AT utility ANTS from awhile ago…….developed by Andreas Haak…this is the successor, by the same author.
During installation…you'll be asked to register an account……& provide an email address, to where your activation code will be sent.



http://www.a-2.org/en/software/free/
I think it needs a little more work. I ran it 20 times and it locked up 40% of the time. This was only on W98SE, I have not ran it on my XP yet. Have a nice day. :) Trpm
I am using the a² full version. As of 9-1-04 there are 5 plug-ins and 26,702 signatures added. :weee: I just thought I'd add to this thread since I am using a². I hope that is OK.