Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 92290 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Best anti malware tool for home computer security

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chen230

Chen230

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 01:05 AM

Hi guys, I'm about to update antimalware software for my home hardware and I wonder what are the best tools nowadays?

I'm researching stuff on similar posts  and I see that the top mentioned and the best reviewed is Norton and Comodo. I've been using Norton several years ago and didn't complain much, but those nasty viruses are much more fierce now, you know.

So, your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,317 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:57 PM

Nowadays, a multi-layed approach to security that incorporates Anti-Virus software is required to protect your computer from the latest threats. Many of attackers today employ advanced techniques which involve sophisticated Backdoor Trojans and Rootkits to hide their presence on a computer. sometimes the only symptom is an alert from your Anti-Virus. Please refer to the following articles for more information.I can list several products of which to chose from.
You might have to experiment to see which one runs the best on your computer.

Note: The programs listed below are all free to use or they have some sort of trial. Some of them have a paid version that provides more features, while a lot of other good programs only have a paid version but aren't listed there (such as Kaspersky and ESET Antivirus products).~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antimalware
Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??