Windows 10 - multiple issues since it downloaded itself onto my computer one evening and 'there it was' when I booted up in the AM.
PLEASE HELP!! You have done a great job for me before and hope you can identify where my issues are and how to fix them. I have had professionals try to fix some but although they got it up and running for a while it has never worked well. The ownership thing is a sub-level nightmare and all kinds of things are corrupted. Can you help me? Thank you in advance! Sue
Sorry…. very upset that day and wanted to make sure I didn't get someone who would make it worse!
Info is below.
After the download it wouldn't work at all and a local pro set it up the way it is with the administration and all that and I could actually work it for a while without completely starting over and losing all my info. It has slowly had new issues from MS almost on a daily basis or whenever it turns on, I have added a couple of fix programs that make it worse. I hope we can do something because I can't recreate important things now.
I used to be the goto person for family and friends but with the onslaught of Win 10 I am clueless. I have Win 10 now on a notebook and it seems pretty good but I can be happy without any more upgrades on this laptop. I can work with all programs without upgrades anymore. My MS Office re-downloads everytime I need it, as do some other programs.Thank you for any help you can add.
Sorry - I did send it but apparently it wasn't a correct method. Glad I checked back.
I have 279 GB of free space.
The computer is a Acer Aspire 5750Z Laptop
Windows 10 Home Edition
OS Build 14393.953
Processor is Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
400 GB Installed Ram (3.85 useable)
64-bit operating system x 64-based processor
It had Win7 installed when I purchased it. I did not put Win 8 on it. Win 10 was downloaded without my consent and installed when I opened the computer the next day. I had a my user names and password were all mixed up and someone 'helped' me by setting up a new user set for me. Jump ahead several months… this machine is a wreck. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
So what do you want to fix. "the machine is a wreck" doesn't give me any idea what is actually not working for you. If it many things then maybe the best thing you can do is reset Windows 10. This will replace the Windows 10 OS but leave your data alone.
If that doesn't resolve all the problems then it's time to do a Clean Install which wipes out everything, so you need to backup your data before doing it. The best way to do this is to use a program like Macrium Reflect Free and do an image backup to an external hard drive or a large enough USB flash drive.
Is there a way that you could take a look at it to see exactly what the issue is with this machine? I would reinstall as a last resort only. Maybe something is just currently interfering with with the operations. There might be duplicates of data that I do not want to lose. Some virus that my software isn't picking up.
Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here: PCPitstop Full Tests
You must use Internet Explorer as it needs to install an ActiveX program. Select Run, install and allow as needed so the test can be run.
Note: Vista/Windows 7 users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator"
If you haven't already registered, Click - Sign up now! (left hand column in User Login)
Register and create a password Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the URL (the http:// stuff) back here into this thread for review.
Note: Vista/Windows 7 users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.
Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.
Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.
Since this site is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.
The link you posted is to some pcmatic-setup-1067 install. All I want is the link in pcpitstop similar to the link I provided. It allows me to look at your PCPitStop results.
Sorry but the PCMatic doesn't give any url that you could look at anymore. They just do scan results and then expect you to purchase it. I have a screen shot that you can see or I can run it again but there is a scroll with the results an no right clicking, etc. will provide a whole scan you could read.
Sorry about that…. they both come up on the same page. Finally got a link for you to see. Hope it is OK this time. I had a hard time getting the report done for some reason. It finally worked tonight.
Yes, thanks, that is what I wanted. You have a lot of stuff installed. Hiow much of it do you actually use any more?
Please uninstall these:
PC Matic 1.1.0.71
(1.1.0.71) PC Pitstop LLC 4/27/17
PC Pitstop Info Center 1.0.0.18
(1.0.0.18) PC Pitstop LLC. 4/27/17
DriverToolkit version 8.5.0.0
(8.5.0.0) Megaify Software 2/19/17
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
(7.5.8231.2252) Google Inc. 11/25/16
Driver Easy 5.1.3
(5.1.3) Easeware 11/9/16
IObit Apps Toolbar v8.1
(8.1) Spigot, Inc. 10/31/13
What do you use this for? I suggest uninstalling it.
jv16 PowerTools 2017
(4.1.0.1657)
I would also get rid of this one:
PC Essentials 20 Digital Download 10/4/16
You have 7-zip installed, you don't need another unzipper:
Un-Zip for Windows 9.22beta 10/4/16
Do you use this? If not uninstall it:
zipForm6
(1.0.0.0) 10/4/16
Lets see what that does for you.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI