This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

nmdsdcid

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Tomk,

Thanks for the reply. This file is on two external hard drives I have. They are both partitioned, some partitions have music and or videos on them, others don't have either, yet all partitions have this file. Was tidying up and just wondered whether I could/should delete it or not. In all cases the file is 1KB in size.

Thanks again for the help, much appreciated.
hedley

I have no personal experience with them, but I've heard of people who claim to have deleted them with no ill effects… however, I've also heard of them reappearing later.  I assume that they are being recreated at some point when music files are played. 

 

I do not believe they are nefarious, and they are so tiny that the space used is negligible.  Personally I would just leave them be, but ultimately it is your call.  I wish I had a more definitive answer for you.  Perhaps someone else will stop by with better information.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI