This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

My children are click happy and have destroyed my computer. Cannot ins

15 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Lol, I've been too afraid to touch it! I'm going to buy malwarebytes befor I do anything!
Thank you so much!!! You've been so helpful and patient!!

Jenni, lets do this. I will keep this thread open for you, use your computer for a few days and post back and let me know how its going, we can dig deeper if need be

Hi Jenni, I think I would just uninstall Chome for the time being Right click on the Windows logo on the very bottom left on your taskbar and select Programs and Features and just uninstall Chome
On it. I also uninstalled WinZip because Nico Mak computing was attached to it. It kept throwing an error code at me until I downloaded an antivirus and then it let me install

Your welcome Jenni, glad all is well again :)

 

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.
  • Click on the Uninstall button.
  • Click Yes when asked are you sure you want to uninstall.
  • Both AdwCleaner.exe, its folder and all logs will be removed.
  •  
     
    ==========================================================
     
     
    Please download DelFix and save the file to your Desktop.
     
    [external image: DelFix_zps139e2ea1.jpg]
     
    • Windows XP Double Click DelFix.exe to run the program. 
    • Windows Vista > Win 7 > Win 8 Right Click on DelFix.exe and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR 
    • Checkmark " Remove Disinfection Tools"
    • Click the Run button
    •  
      This will remove the specialised tools we used to clean your system. Any leftover logs, files, folders or tools remaining on your Desktop which were not removed can be deleted manually
       
       
       
       
      So How did I get infected in the first place <– Some reading for you to keep yourself safe online
       
       
      Safe Surfn
      Ken

      :blush:  Awww Thanks 

       

      I am going to close this topic, any issues in the future just start  a new topic.

      Ask AI

      AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

      Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI