From what I see looking at the internet for this device, it's a router and creates a wireless network you can connect to from other devices.
It's meant to share an existing internet connection with your other devices, like cell phones, iPad, etc.
● Mini portable design: As small as a coin
● You can attach it to your cellphone for keychain with the extra strap included
● Sync data and files on PC and cellphone: Connect the WiFi access point adapter to PC, you will find a “Xiaomi WiFi share drive”, and if you put the files that you want to share in the drive, all the cellphones connected with the WiFi access point adapter can have access to the data
● Wireless speed up to 150Mbps, ideal for internet surfing and on-line gaming
● Can access multiple devices at the same time
● Complies with IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b standards
● Note: Mi WiFi adapter not a wireless network card, must be used under the computer open and connected to the internet
If you want to use WiFi to connect to your existing wireless network then you need a wireless USB adapter.
Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, that's what I'm seeing.