This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

PC Shuts down on its own.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I run ,

CyberPower Inc.

Windows 7 Home Premium,

service pack 1,

ADM FX - 4100 Quad Core Processor, 3.60Ghz

8.00GB Ram,

64-bit,

 

And for the last 3 days, it randomly turns itself off. When I turn it back on, I have the "start normally" option.

 

We cleaned it all out, I made sure connections were tight, I made sure all of the fans were coming on when turned on, I have been monitoring the temp which has been fine… Not sure if it may be a virus or hardware issue? ANy help would be great… If I turn it on and just let it sit, it will stay on for hours, but if I start doing things, then poof. Thanks

 

And sorry if this is under the wrong topic, wasnt sure where to put it….

Im sorry, how do I find if there are any dump files? I did a search and nothing like that came up…

Look in C:\Windows\minidump. If nothing there or it doesn't exist then there are none being created when the computer shuts down unfortunately.

 

Best at this point to have the malware folks take a look and see if htey spot anything:

 

Go to the Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here: What To Do If You Have No Response In 3 Days?

Do not reply to your post there as the malware folks look for posts with no replies first.
 

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI