This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net [Closed]

14 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Let’s try restoring your system to a previous time and take it from there.
 

  • go to Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore. or press the Windows Key on the keyboard, type Restore then press enter.
  • press continue at the “Windows needs you permission to continue dialog box.
  • select “Choose a different Restore Point” and choose a date when your computer was working well then press Next
  • click on Yes to continue
  • the system will reboot and a dialog box will appear informing you if the restore was successful.

Let me know if you can connect to the Internet now.

Satchfan

 

 

Hi. I performed the System Restore last night and it did not complete successfully. Said something was missing for it to do so. I had the same thought of what would happen if we put everything back to the oldest date listed, 7/14/15. I can try again tonight and copy the exact message for you to see if that would be helpful. I checked all my LAN and wireless connection boxes and it all says I am up and running 100%. Puzzling.

7/15/15 Restore Point:  System Restore did not complete successfully. Your compute's system files and settings were not changed. Details:  An unspecified error occurred during  System Restore.  You might want to try System Restore again and use a different restore point.

 

Attempted other restore point dates ending in the same message.

:pullhair:  Try disconnecting your computer from the network and make sure that your antivirus program is uninstalled then try restoring it in safe mode.

Apologize. Unable to get the borrowed computer to continue steps until tomorrow. Will be in contact the moment I attempt your last instructions. I am not connected to a "network" of other computers and I thought we uninstalled all the antivirus programs during previous steps. I do have that CCleaner installed. Should I disengage it as well?

Thanks for letting me know what's happening.

 

Can't remember offhand about the antiviruses but please make sure they are uninstalled.

 

CCleaner will be fine in safe mode.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI