This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

How do you get rid of totaladperformance [Solved]

479 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Been following this pest for awhile and from what i can see running AdwareCleaner and JWR and Malwarebytes removes it

 

Lets try setting Chome back to default

 

 
  •  
  • Click the Chrome menu [external image: Clipboard01_zps2e55f676.jpg]on the browser toolbar.
  • Select Settings.
  • Scroll down to Show advanced settings…
  • Down on the bottom you will see an option for RESET BROWSER SETTINGS
  • Click on it and it will set Chome back to defaults

Close Chome and reopen it and see if it helped

 

Just open setting and  this was there. I went ahead and clicked reset all settings

 

Chrome detected that some of your settings were corrupted by another program and reset them to their original defaults. Learn more

Reset all settings

 

I guess now it is a wait and see game?  Don't know if this may be the way I did, but I clicked on the banner to see the "new AOL" and when I realized it wasn't anything I wanted I sent an Email to what I thought was Tech help desk. I got an email and saved mail file, but when I went looking for it just now it was gone. Could this have been the link which did this? If so then why now this adexchange? 

 
I guess now it is a wait and see game?  Don't know if this may be the way I did, but I clicked on the banner to see the "new AOL" and when I realized it wasn't anything I wanted I sent an Email to what I thought was Tech help desk. I got an email and saved mail file, but when I went looking for it just now it was gone. Could this have been the link which did this? If so then why now this adexchange? 

 

 

Note sure, lets wait and see

 

 

Open up FRST, checkmark Additions, run a new scan and post both new logs please

FRST is the one which I could not get to load saying it is not compatible for Window 10. Even with the update today it won't load keep getting the message to check with publisher for one which will. Tried Window Compatibility to see if it would load and it remains check with publisher.

Lets try a few different tools

 

 

[external image: 1QYkxTZ.jpg] Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
 
  •  
  • Right click the aswMBR icon and select Run as Administrator
  • XP users just Double Click it to run
  • If it says that this computer supports VIRTUALIZATION TECHNOLOGY do you want to use it say Yes
  • Click the Scan button to start scan.
  • Select Quickscan on the dropdown list
  • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
  • The scan could take 20 minutes or more , please be patient and let it finish
  • It will say Scan Finished when its done.
  • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.
 
I just want to see the report….Please Do Not Fix Anything
 
 
 
 

 
OTL by OldTimer
  •  
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
 
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
Note:These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.
 
 
 

 

Lets forget OTL as it may not run on your system.  Lets do this

 

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.
  •  
  • Click on the Uninstall button.
  • Click Yes when asked are you sure you want to uninstall.
  • Both AdwCleaner.exe, its folder and all logs will be removed.
 
 
 
 
Lets download and run a fresh copy
 

 
-AdwCleaner-by Xplode
 
Click on this link to download : ADWCleaner
Click on ONE of the Two Blue Download Now buttons That have a blue arrow beside them and save it to your desktop.
 
Do not click on any links in the top Advertisment.
 
[external image: AdwCleaner4.201_zpsxrbk2llq.jpg]
 
  •  
  • Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan.
  • After the scan is complete click on "Clean"
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the content of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
 
 

 

I have been trying all afternoon to run ASWmbr…it was d/l definitions all afternoon at 13 bits…yes gotta love hughesnet, grrrrrrr! 
# AdwCleaner v4.208 - Logfile created 07/08/2015 at 17:23:54
# Updated 09/07/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-08-01.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 10 Home  (x64)
# Username : Wendy - HOPE2
# Running from : C:\Users\Wendy\Desktop\AdwCleaner.exe
# Option : Cleaning
 
***** [ Services ] *****
 
 
***** [ Files / Folders ] *****
 
 
***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****
 
 
***** [ Shortcuts ] *****
 
 
***** [ Registry ] *****
 
 
***** [ Web browsers ] *****
 
-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.10240.16412
 
 
-\\ Google Chrome v44.0.2403.130
 
 
*************************
 
AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [856 bytes] - [06/08/2015 11:55:40]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [914 bytes] - [06/08/2015 12:04:57]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [897 bytes] - [06/08/2015 12:07:02]
AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [1013 bytes] - [07/08/2015 17:06:39]
AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [1072 bytes] - [07/08/2015 17:23:10]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [651 bytes] - [06/08/2015 12:05:34]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [960 bytes] - [06/08/2015 12:07:36]
AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [999 bytes] - [07/08/2015 17:23:54]
 
########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S2].txt - [1057  bytes] ##########
 
So here is the aswMBR log without the definitions:
aswMBR version 1.0.1.2252 Copyright© 2014 AVAST Software
Run date: 2015-08-07 17:32:41
—————————–
17:32:41.970    OS Version: Windows x64 6.2.9200 
17:32:41.970    Number of processors: 4 586 0x4501
17:32:41.970    ComputerName: HOPE2  UserName: Wendy
17:32:44.452    Initialize success
17:32:44.452    VM: initialized successfully
17:32:44.452    VM: Intel CPU supported 
17:32:46.290    VM: disk I/O iaStorA.sys
17:32:57.165    Disk 0 (boot) \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\00000032
17:32:57.165    Disk 0 Vendor: HGST_HTS541010A9E680 JA0OA700 Size: 953869MB BusType: 11
17:32:57.321    Disk 0 MBR read successfully
17:32:57.337    Disk 0 MBR scan
17:32:57.337    Disk 0 unknown MBR code
17:32:57.352    Disk 0 Partition 1 00     EE          GPT           2097151 MB offset 1
17:32:57.587    Disk 0 scanning C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers
17:33:13.308    Service scanning
17:34:01.806    Modules scanning
17:34:01.806    Disk 0 trace - called modules:
17:34:01.853    ntoskrnl.exe CLASSPNP.SYS disk.sys thpdrv.sys ACPI.sys storport.sys hal.dll iaStorA.sys 
17:34:02.230    1 nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\Harddisk0\DR0[0xffffe000243e0060]
17:34:02.236    3 CLASSPNP.SYS[fffff80150fc46c5] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\THPDRV1[0xffffe000243f0060]
17:34:02.240    5 thpdrv.sys[fffff80150f05c97] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> [0xffffe00022df4e40]
17:34:02.247    7 ACPI.sys[fffff801500c1361] -> nt!IofCallDriver -> \Device\00000032[0xffffe00022df9060]
17:34:02.252    Disk 0 statistics 143826/0/0 @ 5.35 MB/s
17:34:02.255    Scan finished successfully
17:35:14.464    Disk 0 MBR has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\Wendy\Desktop\MBR.dat"
17:35:14.479    The log file has been saved successfully to "C:\Users\Wendy\Desktop\aswMBR.txt"
 
 

FRST is troubling because I ran it on my own Win 10 system along with some other users

 

Your going to need the 64 bit version of this tool

 

Download and Run SystemLook
 
Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2
64 Bit Version
 
  •  
  • Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
  • Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:
:folderfind
tradeadexchange
:filefind
tradeadexchange
:regfind
tradeadexchange
  • Click the Look button to start the scan.
  • When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
Ken has anyone told you, you have the patience of a saint? If not, You got the patience of a Saint! 
 
SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 19:20 on 07/08/2015 by Wendy
Administrator - Elevation successful
 
========== folderfind ==========
 
Searching for "tradeadexchange"
No folders found.
 
========== filefind ==========
 
Searching for "tradeadexchange"
No files found.
 
========== regfind ==========
 
Searching for "tradeadexchange"
No data found.
 
-= EOF =-
Ken has anyone told you, you have the patience of a saint? If not, You got the patience of a Saint! 
 
SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 19:20 on 07/08/2015 by Wendy
Administrator - Elevation successful
 
========== folderfind ==========
 
Searching for "tradeadexchange"
No folders found.
 
========== filefind ==========
 
Searching for "tradeadexchange"
No files found.
 
========== regfind ==========
 
Searching for "tradeadexchange"
No data found.
 
-= EOF =-

:blush:

 

Plug this into SystemLook

 

:folderfind
totaladperformance
total ad performance
:filefind
totaladperformance
total ad performance
:regfind
totaladperformance
total ad performance
 
 
Been a loooooong day, be back in the am

Same here! Rest well!

 

SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 19:43 on 07/08/2015 by Wendy
Administrator - Elevation successful
 
========== folderfind ==========
 
Searching for "totaladperformance"
No folders found.
 
Searching for "total ad performance"
No folders found.
 
========== filefind ==========
 
Searching for "totaladperformance"
No files found.
 
Searching for "total ad performance"
No files found.
 
========== regfind ==========
 
Searching for "totaladperformance"
No data found.
 
Searching for "total ad performance"
No data found.
 
-= EOF =-

Drag FRST64 to the trash and lets try downloading it from a different site, make sure you download the 64 bit version and download it to your desktop

 

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/435-frst-farbars-recovery-scan-tool/

 

After its downloaded right click on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Morning

 

If FRST64 still wont run I have another tool we can try, but just so you know that I will be away most of the day returning maybe early or late evening

Tried to d/l but web site says "topic not found contact adminstrator".  Durn it! LOL! I will be on and off this evening…hanging sheet rock just kinda whipped me today.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI