This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

hyper v and bios

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I noticed that virtualization is enabled in my BIOS.

 

I also noticed that hyper -v was not checked in >control panel>programs and features>left side = features.

 

Should I assume that hyper v and virtualization are different entities?

 

Should hyper-v be checked in order to build a virtual machine?

Peter, a very good article here: 5 excellent uses of Windows 8 Hyper-V

 

I tried it with XP but I prefer Oracle VirtualBox. I don't remember why but it was something that annoyed me enough to switch back to OVB.

 

Oh, forgot, Yes, you need to install Hyper-V to use it.

Thank you Rich for the link and referral.
I HAVE FOUND OVB the easiest to use.
I now understand hyper v it's an entity not necessary to construct a vm.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI