This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

decrypt files infected by CTB-locker [Closed]

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi everyone, I was attacked by CTB-locker malware. I could destroyed it from my PC but it encrypted all my files. Do you know how to decrypt my files. Please help me. I so desperate about losing my files.

Hello jose espinoza, welcome to WhatTheTech's Malware Removal forum!
 
My name is Adam. I will be assisting you with your malware-related problems.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer that.  :)
 
======================================================
 
Please read through the points below to ensure this process moves as quickly and efficiently as possible.

  • Ensure you read through my instructions thoroughly, and carry out each step in the order specified.
  • Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I provide for you. Independent efforts may make matters worse, and will affect my ability in providing the best set of instructions for you.
  • Please backup important files before proceeding with my instructions. Malware removal can be unpredictable at times.   
  • If you come across any issues whilst following my instructions, please stop and inform me of the issue in as much detail as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask before proceeding.
  • Topics are locked if no response is made after 4 days. Please inform me if you require additional time to complete my instructions.
  • I will notify you when I believe your computer is free of malware. Please bear in mind, absence of symptoms does not necessarily correlate to absence of malware, so please wait until the "All Clean". 
  • Ensure you are following this topic. Click [external image: etYzdbu.png] at the top of the page. 

======================================================
 

I was attacked by CTB-locker malware. I could destroyed it from my PC but it encrypted all my files. Do you know how to decrypt my files.

There are a couple of recovery options we can explore (with no guarantees I'm afraid). 
Please run the following diagnostic scan so I can ascertain the state of your computer first. 
 
STEP 1

[external image: xlK5Hdb.png] Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) Scan

  • Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x32) or Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Note: Download and run the version compatible with your system (32 or 64-bit). Download both if you're unsure; only one will run.
  • Right-Click FRST.exe or FRST64.exe and select [external image: AVOiBNU.jpg] Run as administrator to run the programme.
  • Click Yes to the disclaimer.
  • Ensure the Addition.txt box is checked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the programme run.
  • Upon completion, click OK, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen.
  • Two logs (FRST.txt & Addition.txt) will now be open on your Desktop. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. 
     

======================================================
 
STEP 2
[external image: pfNZP4A.png] Logs
In your next reply please include the following logs. Please be sure to copy and paste the requested logs, as well as provide information on any questions I may have asked.

  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI