This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Browser Pop-ups Adware

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer has got some deep adware that has driven me to the brink of chaos. I originally posted this on another forum (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569563/browser-pop-ups-adware/) you can read it if you want to understand the backstory, but they managed to delete the adware temporarily but it always comes back on startup. This seems to have something to do with winver.exe as well but I don't know what. Any help is appreciated. I have attatched logs from DDS, FRST, HijackThis, and others in a ZIP for you to analyze. Please respond as soon as you possibly can. Thanks,

 

-Benjamin

Hi BenjaminsiPod,

The link you posted is to an active topic for which you are receiving help over at BleepingComputer. You should not post to multiple sites requesting help for the same issue, it is a drain on resources (volunteers).

 

You have a few choices, you can close this topic and continue to receive help at BC. Or close your topic at BC and continue to get assistance here at WTT.

I would encourage you to  stay with your topic over at BC and continue to follow the instructions provided by nasdaq. (you are in good hands)

Please advise me of how you would like to proceed.

Sorry I posted here because yesterday I couldn't get on to BC at all and I thought because I had said previously that it was resolved, the topic would be closed. I was able to get on today and I am following nasdaq's instructions as we speak. I was planning on closing the topic here but I see you got to me first. I will continue to work with BC and if they end up not being able to help me, which is very doubtful, I will reopen the topic here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

 

-Benjamin

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI