![]()
How is your system behaving now ??
11 min read
![]()
How is your system behaving now ??
Ken,
Seems much better, but not perfect. Some apps…especially Chrome, take a very long time to open.
Is there something else needed to be done?
Lytnup
Lets try setting Chome back to its default state and see if it helps
Ken,
One other thing…are there any downsides to using Ad Block software?
Also, could you recommend any software to help prevent this kind of thing happening again. I have tried Mcafee, AWG, Symantec and others.
Thanks,
Chuck
Lytnup
Chuck , I run Adblock on both a Win 7 and Win 8.1 computer with no ill effect
The basic rule of thumb is to have only one Anti Virus program running , its whats recommended by Microsoft, more than one is overkill and can severely hamper system performance, just have one, keep it updated and run regulars scans. I just read a survey about the best and worst AVs and Bit Defender came out as one of the best. I know from past experience that Norton can really gum up a machine. Never been a fan of McAfee either. You have AVG, its fine , if its the paid version than keep it if not you may want to think about uninstalling it and maybe going with Bit Defender, you can try there free version first to see if you like it
http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html
On my systems I also have the Pro Version of Malwarebytes, it blocks known bad sites from loading, its a great program, the cost is minimal but its up to you if you want to upgrade
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI