I appreciate the "hoops" you are having to jump through to get the scans completed.
Since we are having to use this method for the time being, let's be sure there is no malware present then we can focus on restoring the Internet completely. I will have to have collegue look over this thread and see if they might be able to offer some insight as to what the cause might be.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (save it to your desktop).
- Windows XP : Double click on the icon to run it.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7 & 8 : Right click and select "Run as Administrator"
- Select Scan tab.
- Select type of scan to perform:
- Threat Scan < --- Select this type of scan
- Custom Scan
- Hyper Scan
- Next click the Scan button.
- When the scan is complete, if no malicious items are found you can close the program.
- If malicious items are found be sure that everything is checked, and click Quarantine .
- When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
- Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.
In your next post please provide the following:
- MBAM log