OK, sometimes programs are flagged good or bad and SparkTrust was iffy, I saw those gotomypc files marked for removal, it sometimes is flagged as a virus
11 min read
OK, sometimes programs are flagged good or bad and SparkTrust was iffy, I saw those gotomypc files marked for removal, it sometimes is flagged as a virus
35 total threats. Here is the log:
.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249693.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249694.exe Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.X potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249695.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.A potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249696.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249697.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249698.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249699.exe Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249700.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249701.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.F potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249702.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249703.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249704.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249705.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.P potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249706.exe Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249707.exe Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249708.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249709.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249710.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249711.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249712.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249713.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249714.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249715.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249716.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.P potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249717.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249718.exe Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249719.exe a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249720.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249721.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2408\A0249723.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.T potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2409\A0249846.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2409\A0249847.exe Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2409\A0249848.dll Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AA potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2409\A0249849.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.AC potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{23D5B224-2498-4ECA-B34B-CBCE834BFBA8}\RP2409\A0250127.dll a variant of Win32/Toolbar.MyWebSearch.W potentially unwanted application deleted - quarantined
Good, there could be more in System Restore so lets clean it all out by turning off System Restore, rebooting your system and then turning it back on again and creating a new restore point
Okay created new restore point. Concerned what I should do about last scan that had 35 errors. Did those get fixed somehow? Also after this last restart it took a good minute or two for firefox to open. Is this normal after what we just went thru? Other than that eveything seems to be 100 percent better. Let me know if there is anything else I need to do………….JB
If you followed my instructions for System Restore, not just creating a new restore point but turning it off, rebooting and turning it back on will remove all those entries
Sometimes when you make changes to your system it takes 3 or 4 reboots to get it back to normal
Okay. then should be okay. Just now firefox opened right up. Let me check a couple of sites and see how they load real quick……yeah all seems okay now. Thank you! Now what would you recommend. Should I junk Spark Trust and stick with Microsoft Security Essentials for virus and Firewall and Malware Bytes for general computer issues? These other programs you had me download to I keep them and run them from time to time or should I be deleting them?
As far as SparkTrust, Microsoft recommends just one AntiVirus program , keep it updated and run regular scans. I have not used Sparktrust myself so dont know much about it, actually your the first one that i have seen with it in a very long time, I think I would remove it
Okay Ken. All done I guess. SparkTrust doesn't show up in add/remove programs. Went to C:\Program Files and tried to delete folder but it wouldn't let me. I deleted the two shortcuts off my desktop. Now I will work on getting my 24.95 back. Good luck with that right LOL. Thanks for the help…………..JB
As far as Sparktrust, I have never been a big fan of a program that you download for free but have to buy it to remove the threats, buts thats me. If you paid for it already then just let it be but if you want to remove it you can try this app, it will search your pc for security programs, you can see if it can find SparkTrust. The review I read for them is iffy
It doesn't show up on the scan so guess we dont have to worry about it. Spybot, Malware Bytes and Security Essentials is all that came up.
Your ok then
Take care,
Ken ![]()
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI