I can disable windows firewall (startup type) but if i press the stop button iam denied access
live installer pop ups and shortcut help + other viruses [Solved]
13 min read
ok i restarted my pc and now defender appears to be my only problem. It isnt running
Have you tried turning it off in Windows Defender itself? If not, see this.
Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
SystemLook (32-bit)
SystemLook (64-bit)
- double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.
- copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield - please make sure you include the colon, (:), at the beginning:
:reg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
- click the Look button to start the scan.
- when finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt
Satchfan
Im stuck trying to suss out the security.
Here is a check log i ran just prior to posting.
SystemLook results.
I would say that if you turn on the McAffe firewall, it will disable the Windows firewall, (which is usual), and like-wise about the antivirus.
If you don't have any current problems I would trust the security you have that it has dealt with it.
I'll leave this open for 24 hours in case there is a problem, after which I'll close it.
Have a good 2015.
Satchfan
If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.
Everyone else please follow the instructions here http://forums.whatthetech.com/you_Infected_t106388.html
and start a New Topic.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI